Any feedback on using Camskill for tyres?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Do you have these fitted by a local tyre fitter as part of the price ?

Fitting is extra.

Correct. Its an extra £13 per tyre inc valve and disposal although I think the ones coming off will be OK to put up for sale on ebay or here. Depends when they come off and I check the tread and inner sidewalls for any damage and wear.

Which presumably eats into a fair chunk of the saving, as well as the time and hassle of taking tyres and car to a fitting depot.

Can’t see the point myself.

I don't think £13 per tyre is "eating into a fair chunk of the saving" And its a 5 minute drive away.
Do you not shop around for the best deal on other things, or just pay the local supplier the asking price?

Well, that is less than i was quoted to change over to some winter tyres, even without a disposal charge so i guess the sums work for you

Well, that is less than i was quoted to change over to some winter tyres, even without a disposal charge so i guess the sums work for you

Your tyre shop is ripping you off then.

CLK - Thank you for your sage financial advice old wise sage one,

How is the view from the top of that smug tree?

Travel a bit further than your own backyard and you will realise most goods and services cost different amounts in different parts of the country. Things like petrol and diesel.

CLK - Thank you for your sage financial advice old wise sage one,

How is the view from the top of that smug tree?

Travel a bit further than your own backyard and you will realise most goods and services cost different amounts in different parts of the country. Things like petrol and diesel.
You have been here a short while yet are a troublemaker.

My money is on you being a banned member returning under a new name.

You have been here a short while yet are a troublemaker.

My money is on you being a banned member returning under a new name.

He edited his post over 3 times adding bits and pieces. :D

Correct. Its an extra £13 per tyre inc valve and disposal although I think the ones coming off will be OK to put up for sale on ebay or here. Depends when they come off and I check the tread and inner sidewalls for any damage and wear.

I don't think £13 per tyre is "eating into a fair chunk of the saving" And its a 5 minute drive away.
Do you not shop around for the best deal on other things, or just pay the local supplier the asking price?

All this shows is that is good to have variety and choice. Each of us can choose an option that suits us at that time.

If the tyre I want is in stock or available quickly then I prefer to use my local supplier and fitter. Any cost differential is immaterial it is all about what my specific needs are at each point of purchase.

Used camskill and several other online retailers with almost no issue.

Best solution I’ve found is to find a competitively priced retailer locally and by the time you’re done the difference in cost is neither here nor there.

Always shop around for the best value. Used Camskill a few times and they were fine. No complaints.

Camskills 9 times out of ten. I always get them delivered to my mates garage directly and get fitted for free!!! [emoji6][emoji1417][emoji1417]

Im all for buying tyres yourself and pay for fitting. I ordered 4 tyres off the tyre guru website on Thursday which are being delivered monday from Germany. Camskill seem to like charging pnp which bumps the price up at the checkout others deliver free. I love the smell of rubber in the carit reminds me of a misspent youth.

:cool: Just a quick post about how much I saved ordering my Falkens for the C32 online!

Blackcircles:
Rear - 255/35/18 - £127.07 each = £254.14
Front - 225/40/18 - £94.46 each = £188.92

Total fitted = £443.06...

Earliest fitting = 4 days time!

Online order:

Rear - 225/35/18 - £82.16 each = £164.32
Front - 225/40/18 - £51.61 each = £103.22

Arrived within 20 hours of order via next day shipping...

Fitting = £10 each at my local tyre shop = £40 for the set

Total = £307.54 fitted the next day....

TOTAL SAVING = £135.52 and fitted 3 days earlier :)

it really is worth shopping around when it comes to tyres

As said by Lennox [above], I use Camskill 90% of the time. Great advise from the team and delivered within 3 days.
I have a mate who can fit them for the price of a bottle of Voddie [as a Friday treat.]
If you don't have a voddie drinking Mate, factor fitting and balancing into the mix and see if you're still onto a winner (I would think you are). Some outfits don't like fitting tyres not supplied by them.
If not, Blackcircles always offer competitive deals.
(and I would advise Michelin MP4s's....just saying like)

i found a good deal from asda tyres, 4 michelin primacy 4 tyres supplied and fitted for £380 and you get a £50 asda shopping voucher the tyre size was 225/40/18

i found a good deal from asda tyres, 4 michelin primacy 4 tyres supplied and fitted for £380 and you get a £50 asda shopping voucher the tyre size was 225/40/18
It's a Michelin Promotion that provides the £50 vouchers, you can get them from Camskills too. Asda are just Blackcircles are they not?

It's a Michelin Promotion that provides the £50 vouchers, you can get them from Camskills too. Asda are just Blackcircles are they not?
yes think you are right i didn't know it was a michelin promotion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom