Any Garden Pond Keepers, Advice.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Richardson

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W176 A class 180 cdi
I've kept Koi in my pond for a number of years now, unfortunately about 4 years ago either a heron or seagulls took fancy to some of them & my stock was almost depleted.

Learning from this extremely expensive mistake I netted the pond and all has been well ever since. The netting has now begun to show signs of rot & some holes have appeared.

I've looked on e bay & found a clip together floating style which appears to look good, so my question is has any other member used this product in their pond

POND GUARD PEST DETERRENT & FISH PROTECTOR FLOATING COVER NET GARDEN PROTECTION | eBay

Thanks David

My father lost all of his Koi to mink earlier this year, consider this when netting a pond, they are devils.

Aside from thieving birds and wildlife, be careful of ******** humans too

The other halfs uncle recently had his all vandalised, then again the foul play was mostly due to switching the filters and electrics off, however still gained access to the fish and launched them everywhere

It's a shame having to cover something nice to stop other things ruining it. That cover seems pretty decent. My grandfather has kept koi as far back as I remember so I've been brought up taking care of them and showing an interest, although he has never needed a cover, even with the old stressy cat that he owned

You can always buy the fake Hawks and other birds of prey with the reflective eyes, or even fake cats that will scare flying nuisances away from the pond

Aside from thieving birds and wildlife, be careful of ******** humans too

The other halfs uncle recently had his all vandalised, then again the foul play was mostly due to switching the filters and electrics off, however still gained access to the fish and launched them everywhere It's a shame having to cover something nice to stop other things ruining it.

That cover seems pretty decent. My grandfather has kept koi as far back as I remember so I've been brought up taking care of them and showing an interest, although he has never needed a cover, even with the old stressy cat that he owned

You can always buy the fake Hawks and other birds of prey with the reflective eyes, or even fake cats that will scare flying nuisances away from the pond. They worked wonders in a large white goods warehouse I worked in a few years ago stopping anything with wings being tempted to fly in and **** over the stacks of washing machines

^ meant to edit but it double posted! :fail:

I am in the same situation, a heron took some fish and stabbed the rest, leaving many on the ground, and the netting I put up is rotting, though it has been a success. I would find a problem with the floating covers as I get a lot of duckweed, which I regularly scoop off, and I don't think I could with floating covers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom