Any Golf fans in here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Single figures is a decent handicap IMHO. The vast majority of golfers never get to play off single figure handicaps. Not got there myself yet though I improved from 17 to 14 last season and shot a 9-over gross in a non-qualifier earlier this year. Unfortunately since this season started I am going the wrong way, up to 14.5 (15) now. :( Main thing is to enjoy the game.
I read somewhere that 75% of people who play golf will NEVER break 100 (unless they cheat). Maintaining a low handicap is difficult to do unless you can play at least once or twice a week every week. I managed to get to 9 before becoming ill and not playing for two years. I then scored my first and only 'hole in one' having only played about 10 times, since my return. My FIL who is Scratch, has never managed a hole in one despite playing twice a week every week for some 50 years. He was my partner that day.

I'm the guy in black.

Last edited:
Very sad news for Tiger... We have seen it all too often with big stars falling apart and "losing it all" - Some can bounce back and rise again, take Britney Spears for example.

I hope he gets his life back on track, his back gets better and he can start playing top level again.

As for playing, i love the game, playing off 22 currently but improving all the time

Golf is a difficult game.

I hadn't played for over 10 years until I played a small society outing in the Wicklow hills last month. I won the closest to the pin at one of the par 3s (was the only player to actually stay on the green). The only other thing I ever won was a longest drive at another "corporate" day.

I have regularly (in the past) broken 90 but couldn't break 120 last month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Poor old Tiger, it's hard to play at 9 10ths when you were the greatest for so long.

Without wishing to sound big-headed.

I'm a natural at the game.

My Dad (a keen golfer) used to take me over to the playing fields to knock a few balls around and was impressed at my ability to ping the balls off to wherever I wanted.
He offered to pay for club membership and lessons but I was more interested in surfing and skateboarding, I take up tennis but only because the courts were next to the beach.

Years later I was taken to the local driving range which has a 6 hole course attached by a couple of mates who were getting right into golf. I could still hit all of the distance marker signs and spanked the two of them on the little course, I only had a 5 iron and a putter.

Golf, a piece of piss.:p

I've had a GTI and a GTD but moved to merc about 2 years:D:rolleyes:

My Dad (a keen golfer) used to take me over to the playing fields to knock a few balls around and was impressed at my ability to ping the balls off to wherever I wanted.
He offered to pay for club membership and lessons but I was more interested in surfing and skateboarding, I take up tennis but only because the courts were next to the beach.

Years later I was taken to the local driving range which has a 6 hole course attached by a couple of mates who were getting right into golf. I could still hit all of the distance marker signs and spanked the two of them on the little course, I only had a 5 iron and a putter.

Tragic that all that natural talent is not making you millions on the tour...:doh:

Bighead

I'm not too shabby myself, my old man was a scratch golfer, Said I had a more natural swing than him, but unfortunately life got in the way of Golf, now I have odd flashes of once was.

Sent from my Apple product using Crapatalk

I've had a GTI and a GTD but moved to merc about 2 years:D:rolleyes:

cceb4efd740202284bcd683efb9f3e93.gif

CLSMark said:
Can Lee Westwood or Iain Poulter win a major? Sent from my Apple product using Crapatalk

Yes, but very, very unlikely. Westwood seems to fall to bits on Sundays. Poults is a real talent and Sergio's recent win may just inspire him. But time is not on their side.

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers.

Yes, but very, very unlikely. Westwood seems to fall to bits on Sundays. Poults is a real talent and Sergio's recent win may just inspire him. But time is not on their side.

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers.

I really thought Sergio was going to choke, still can't believe it now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom