Any Golf fans in here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CLSMark

Banned
Car
Volkswagen Touareg
Thought I'd mention the decline of a genuine megastar that is Tiger Woods.

As The Specials once said " Too Much Too Young "

2b6af186d85157a01ffd3962f2373411.jpg

Sent from my Apple product using Crapatalk

My dad was a huge golf fan playing off 5 once told me that the world had gone crazy when the most famous rapper in the world was white (Eminem) and the most famous golfer was black.

Tiger was a legend as a golfer and my dad was so happy to have the same surname.

Last edited:
CLSMark said:
5 handicap, not shabby at all. Sent from my Apple product using Crapatalk
He was pretty good and paid out £1000's on lessons. My grandfather was better! They played at Finchley Golf Club.

He was pretty good and paid out £1000's on lessons. My grandfather was better! They played at Finchley Golf Club.

Could spend billions and never master it, that's the everlasting appeal of it I think

CLSMark said:
Could spend billions and never master it, that's the everlasting appeal of it I think Sent from my Apple product using Crapatalk
Agree. My mate Colin loves playing but he was never that good. Spent sackfuls of cash on lessons and got appointed as captain at Finchley. He was the youngest ever captain. Well proud!!

Taken at 3am when "he says" he had a painkiller problem

That's a police mugshot taken at 3am after the police found him asleep at the wheel of his parked car.

Tiger claims he had not drunk alcohol and was suffering from painkiller issues relating to his famous back injuries.

Anyone fancy posting photos of themselves at 3am after being manhandled by Police?

The obvious question: is this DWB or DUI ?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/may/29/tiger-woods-dui-charges-florida-golf

Last edited:
That's a police mugshot taken at 3am after the police found him asleep at the wheel of his parked car. Tiger claims he had not drunk alcohol and was suffering from painkiller issues relating to his famous back injuries.

Anyone fancy posting photos of themselves at 3am after being manhandled by Police?

The obvious question: is this DWB or DUI ?

Apparently his test came back at 0.00. Still a sad sight to see

I agree it is sad to see his decline.

Should've kept it in his pants.

When he was at his peak I said to a golfing friend that Woods will have to quit early because of his swing. It relies heavily on physical strength and the extreme turn he generates puts a tremendous strain on his back.

I'm now making the same prediction about Rory McIlroy. Compare his (and Tigger's) swing with Adam Scott's and that of Ernie Els. They'll go on forever with their smoother, less 'violent' swings.

Why did women even find Tiger attractive ?

Why did women even find Tiger attractive? What is it about athletic men in their late thirties that women find so attractive?
en worth $750 million, I mean. Tiger, where did it all go so wrong?

It's not easy being a 41 year old bachelor, sitting in a $50 million Floria home, wondering what comes next. We can only sympathise.

maxresdefault.jpg

When he was at his peak I said to a golfing friend that Woods will have to quit early because of his swing. It relies heavily on physical strength and the extreme turn he generates puts a tremendous strain on his back.

I'm now making the same prediction about Rory McIlroy. Compare his (and Tigger's) swing with Adam Scott's and that of Ernie Els. They'll go on forever with their smoother, less 'violent' swings.

Exactly.

The problem he has now is that, even when he's 'fit' he is trying to play like he did rather than play like he can. Tiger could still be a competitive golfer, but psychologically he wants more than that.

Right now, I can easily understand that he is suffering from clinical depression. He is unable to pursue a golfing challenge that he finds worthwhile. His private life is a mess. He has more than enough money for his needs and doesn't seem to have anything to work towards. Being rich and famous is probably not helping him much at all.

Right now he doesn't seem have much in terms of direction or motivation.

Sad really.

Not sure excessive wealth does anyone a lot of good. Though I'm willing to give it a try if anyone has a few million going spare :D

Tom Watson's effortless swing won him 8 majors. Probably never hit the ball 300yds in his career

My dad always said Golf was a natural ability. That's why a small framed guy like him could hit the ball a hell of a long way with seemingly little effort while I would wallop the s**t out the ball and it'd go nowhere.
Stupid game!

5 handicap, not shabby at all.

FIVE? My old man played off 2 when at his best and went on in the sixties to be Captain of Royal Musselburgh. Collapsed and died on the 14th at Longniddry. What a way to go.

I have played Longniddry with my great friend Gus who was/is club champion there for many years (he is scratch). I shall raise a flask on the 14th next time I play there.

For Tiger and for Golf it is all very sad.

As a man and an athlete he absolutely dominated the sport. His ability to make shots where there were none has yet to be touched. His failings off the course have robbed him (and us all) of that talent.

Will he ever be back? I think not. Once you have breathed that air in any sport, it seems impossible to get it back after you have stepped away. A lot of the talk with Tiger was always around his aura that he carried with himself. That was like a shield that others could not penetrate. When he fell from grace, others realised that actually, he was just human. Now he is seen by his fellow pro's as "just human" somebody else to beat.

His recent car escapade seems not to involve drinking (he has already been cleared of that) rather a 'mishap' with prescription medication. I can identify with this, having been there myself on more than occasion.

I do hope we see him again involved in the game. His wins still stand and I suspect will do so for some time.

Single figures is a decent handicap IMHO. The vast majority of golfers never get to play off single figure handicaps.

Not got there myself yet though I improved from 17 to 14 last season and shot a 9-over gross in a non-qualifier earlier this year. Unfortunately since this season started I am going the wrong way, up to 14.5 (15) now. :(

Main thing is to enjoy the game.

Police release Tiger Woods dashcam video - BBC News

NEGATIVE for alcohol while apparently just had an incident with his car =deflated tyres underbody damage - possible hit a kerb at speed- so not just asleep at the wheel+parked up.

https://youtu.be/2JqYmincWxI
[YOUTUBE HD]2JqYmincWxI[/YOUTUBE HD]

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom