Any good A35 lease deals about?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well the guy came on here asking for some help finding a lease deal and he gets responses from a load of Martin Lewis wannabes.

The best part is it's not the first time all of this has been said. Plenty of lease/pcp discussion threads

@OP tell us you have found a deal :D

Everyone is different. I was brought up to not be in debt and was told that my parents wouldn't bail me out. My house and car are paid for, I have lump sums that I don't need locked away earning interest and a property paid for that I rent out, also a buy to let flat going through that I will rent out when it completes. People should be kinder to each other and not tell them how they live their life is 'outright madness' just because they were brought up to live debt free. I'm out. This is supposed to be a car forum, not a get into debt up to your neck forum.

Any other achievements you’d like to share on this thread of digression?

no way can the interest on the capital value of car generate that level of return - average savings rates on £25k are at best 1.0% which equals £250 pa, not even 1 months payment.

If you have money in the bank, you are losing money just as if you had used it to buy a depreciating asset :)

Assumption is a dangerous thing :)

Ok I’m open to learning.
Where can I get a risk free net return >8%?
Maybe try an investment site, and IFA or do your own homework.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Ok I’m open to learning.

If you want a way of earning let’s say, £250 per month absolutely low risk with your choice on investment amount then you’re going to have to do some reading up on things!

Here’s some freebies: Drug dealing, betting

One of them I do not do, by the way!

If you want a way of earning let’s say, £250 per month absolutely low risk with your choice on investment amount then you’re going to have to do some reading up on things!

Which one? Gambling?

You seem to have missed the bit about being risk free :)

Maybe try an investment site, and IFA or do your own homework.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

There are no risk free return of 8% available

Any IFA who promises you just is running a Ponzi scheme ;)

Ok I’m open to learning.
Try asking a MB finance salesman, they nearly always say that there are better ways to invest than paying cash for a car.

As much as I was taking the piss when I typed the above, I do see some mileage in their point of view. It's not for me as I tend to buy second hand but consider this:

You want a new car, you have the cash but the dealer offers a significant incentive to take finance. The incentive wipes out any interest that would be due on the finance so you are in a cash neutral position. You could keep the cash in the bank at 1 to 3% and be better off.

OK, you could also take the incentive and clear the finance after delivery and be even better off, however, you might only have cash for a used car and the above gets you into a new one.

Another scenario is that you keep the cash, take the finance and benefit from the incentive. You then invest the cash with an IFA, or invest yourself, in some kind of stock market investment which might even be tax exempt. These are not necessarily a Ponzi scheme and millions of people have done well using them.

The third scenario is that you cannot obtain finance because you haven't been paying the bills, people like that tend to have a downer on anything but cash because they are excluded from taking part and have no other option.

Have I, though? Never heard of a points system?

Yes - but you’ve still failed to provide examples of risk free net return of 8%

It is simple enough challenge :)

Interesting and valid points - if you have the cash available. Again, the vast majority renting the dream simply don’t have the cash available of £25k plus.

You haven’t actually responded to my to the challenge.

Yes - but you’ve still failed to provide examples of risk free net return of 8%

It is simple enough challenge :)

I don’t have to lay everything out for you, mainly because it’s private. Assuming again, because you yourself can’t fathom a way, it doesn’t mean it’s not possible

the vast majority renting the dream simply don’t have the cash available of £25k plus.

Assuming again! How would you know?

I don’t have to lay everything out for you, mainly because it’s private. Assuming again, because you yourself can’t fathom a way, it doesn’t mean it’s not possible

Assuming again! How would you know?

No assumption - See UK: average savings, by age 2017 | Statista

Or Average Savings in the UK: How Do You Measure up to the Latest Stats?

15% of UK consumers have nothing saved up at all
1 in 3 Brits have less than £1,500 set aside
The average amount invested by Brits is dropping, just £813 in 2018 compared to £1050 in 2016

Not everyone is as fortunate as you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom