Any good bodywork places in South East to paint and fit W124 front wing?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vmaxjude

Car
1995 R129 SL320
Can anyone recommend a bodyshop in the South East (preferably Surrey) to paint and fit a new front wing for my 1996 W124 coupe? Cheers.

Jude

Having rejected the insurers "Approved repairer" my SL is going in to Dino's body shop next week:

Dino Ciccotto
Unit 26, Riverside Business Park
Lyon Road
London, SW19 2RL
07916 324081

A small outfit that does quality work: Rolls Royce, Lamborghini, etc

Cheers,
Robert

Fitting and painting a wing is one thing. Matching it to the rest of the car, and/or blending it in, is another

I'd have a long chat with the bodyshop guys before doing this. If you're planning any other work I'd think about doing both wings and the bonnet and blending into the doors. That way you'll get a good result with no changes in paint colour at panel boundaries

Don't forget the panels under the headlights

Nick Froome

Dave, re Nick F's reply above. Did you have both your W124 wings done at the same time? Any issues with paint matching? My car is 'brilliant silver' and I think has been garage kept most of its life so the paint does not appear faded. Many thanks. Jude

Hi Jude,

I have used Brewsters Motors in Essex many times. They are just off the A12

Temple Wood, Stock Road, West Hanningfield

They are always fantastic and their reputation amongst car forums is very good.

If you are fussy I would recommend platinum motors in staples corner. Eddie is superb!

Dave, re Nick F's reply above. Did you have both your W124 wings done at the same time? Any issues with paint matching? My car is 'brilliant silver' and I think has been garage kept most of its life so the paint does not appear faded. Many thanks. Jude

I had the wings done at different times and didn't have any blending done. I can't tell the difference, but the car is a dark colour (emerald black) and lives under massive oak tree and is consequently clean about 1 day a month after I wash it. Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but I'm not a detailing guy and it's the 107 I'm more precious about anyway.

I went against Barry at multi-tech's advice on this - he's with Nick on the blending front and it might be more or less important with different colours.

I had one done a few months ago by AE Carcraft near Horsham. Mine is also brilliant silver. I am pretty fussy about paint match and you really can't tell its been done

Many thanks all. Looks like I may be giving AE Carcraft a call...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom