Any good breakers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Hi,

Am after an exhaust manifold for my 123-200. Tried Mercman and Dronsfields, anyone know of any other good suppliers?

Thanks

Jay

if it is the same as a 124 / 201 and you are going to the GTG I have one you can have

Thanks All,

My engine (115) seems to be quiet rare now, so all asking way over the odds for a manifold.... Im going to try and repair it for now, its the flap mechanism where it meets the inlet manifold, it has been bodged in the past and so wanted to get it sorted while it was all apart... Anyway, will do the best i can with some bits i can get from MB. (a bush that is needed is no longer available according to gerard mann coventry)

Ian- I would be gratefull if you could bring it along, never know, might be the same.... will see u there! Cheers

Thanks

Jay

Originally posted by Ian B Walker
failing that try............... The Garage, Tel 01706 852221

www.mercedesusedparts.co.uk

I recently paid these guys a visit (Sat 12th July) and I must say I was impressed with what they had. Rack upon rack of every conceivable part and accessory. As it happens, I wanted a replacement wurzelholz panel which surrounds the gear shift, as mine has faded and is cracked. They charged me £25 but, unfortunately, it turned out to be the manual version of the same panel, so I am going back this Saturday. If you want, give me a list of what you need and I can ask them for you when I am there..

--
Antony

Same happened to me too Anthony, the week before. I went in for 3 switches and ended up spending a lot on bits and bobs. I wanted the same panel as you. If they have two (for a W124 200T 1988 Auto) let me know as i will nip over and get it.

Cheers

Thanks guys,

I think they did have one, but were asking a bit over the top. Nick, mentioned above, has the part and will deliver friday. If it turns out to be wrong, i may ask you to ask them again while your there - Never know, might quote you a sensible price.

Cheers

Jay

Bloodmon wrote

As it happens, I wanted a replacement wurzelholz panel which surrounds the gear shift, as mine has faded and is cracked. They charged me £25 but, unfortunately, it turned out to be the manual version of the same panel, so I am going back this Saturday

What is Wurzelholz? Is that Walnut? If so, I am trying to get some bits together for my CE in walnut ....and mine is a manual so if its a nice one, can you hold onto it for me, I'll give you the £25 for it. ;)

Actually, while you are there, can you do me a further favour & check if they have any of the thin strips that go along the dash and how much they want for em, If I can get them I will have a complete set.

TIA

Sp!ke,

Yup - wurzelholz is probably just German for Walnut. From what I can gather, the 124 trim came in either zebrano or walnut as they are the only options I have seen. I prefer the walnut personally - the zebrano is ok, but has that taxi cab look to it.

The centre piece I have is in very good condition and fitting it took seconds. The only problem is - the hole appears to be designed to take a gaitor - something the autos do not have. I will try and get a pic to you showing the button layout, etc.

I will hold onto it for you, although I am not going to the GTG, so will have to find alternate means of getting it to you.

I will also enquire about the trim for you. What are you prepared to spend? Let me know and I could probably buy them there and then and ship the job lot to you as and when.

--
Antony

Like most people here, I guess I am prepared to pay whtever the going rate is....:p

Where are you from Bloodmon? If you are miles away, then I guess Parcel force is the only option.

But, please keep the pamnel you have, I'll can post a kite up to you to cover the part and P&P if you like.

I am miles away from you Sp!ke - up in Manchester I'm afraid, so it looks like courier is the only option.

If Shude (or anybody else in the NW) is going to the GTG and so are you - I could get him to give it to you. But other than that, I am out of ideas.

I will do some sums when I get home regarding P&P, although it shouldn't be much - it is quite light.

--
Antony

Originally posted by bloodmoon
Sp!ke,

I will hold onto it for you, although I am not going to the GTG, so will have to find alternate means of getting it to you.

--
Antony

Can I help? I am going to the GTG and live in Preston, only a quick nip down the road

Preston, you say? I bought my car from a small garage on Garstang Road about 5 weeks ago. Damn, they certainly love their speed cameras in Preston, I was convinced I had been captured, but that was 3 weeks ago, so I guess not.

Well, giving you Sp!ke's kit is definitely possible, assuming Sp!ke is going to the GTG, of course :)

We could pick a time and a place and meet each other half way if you want, I might even be able to persuade Shude to come along in his c230 Kompressor.

This weekend is out, but I am off for 4 days next week.

What say you?

--
Antony

guys:

Arent u assuming that u can actually get the parts???

Also, i dont think spike is going to make it to the GTG, he's out of the country...

(thought id step in here spike, correct me if im wrong!)

Yep - you're right Jay, I've sent him a PM so we are working on a plan.

Originally posted by jaymanek
guys:

Arent u assuming that u can actually get the parts???

Jay,

I already *have* the centre panel ;)

As for the other parts, from what I saw last week, finding 124 interior trim should not be a problem...

--
Antony

Originally posted by bloodmoon
Preston, you say? I bought my car from a small garage on Garstang Road about 5 weeks ago. Damn, they certainly love their speed cameras in Preston, I was convinced I had been captured, but that was 3 weeks ago, so I guess not.

Well, giving you Sp!ke's kit is definitely possible, assuming Sp!ke is going to the GTG, of course :)

We could pick a time and a place and meet each other half way if you want, I might even be able to persuade Shude to come along in his c230 Kompressor.

This weekend is out, but I am off for 4 days next week.

What say you?

--
Antony

If its for a Mercedes I make time, actually I start work at 4pm every day so anytime during the day is ok with me. As for speed cameras, had a fright today and dear beloved has opened her purse and let me lose for an Angel. Cant wait for Tuesday :bannana: :devil:

Well, been to the Garage today - what a total waste of time.

Asked about interior trim for a 124 coupe and was met with much tutting and moaning about the coupe being a pain to find bits for.

The only centre panel they had was sold to me last week, and they had precisely zero interior pieces for the 124 in general.

Asked about various other bits and pieces before walking away totally disappointed.

Sorry guys, I tried. :(

--
Antony

Oh well, worth a try, mind you the trim that I need are the same as on the saloons so either they genuinly didnt know or they had very little 124 bits period.

I guess Mercman is next on the agenda then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom