Any good feedback about Aerosus

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Nobbymogs

Car
GL450 & C180 Shooting Brake
hey all
i did post a similar question but sadly no comments

i need to change the front struts on the GL and there were a few comments and recomendations some saying go fro Merc, some Arnott and some Aerosus but avoid cheap Chinese at all costs

there is how ever an enormous difference in price
Merc over 1k a corner
Arnott 1k a pair inc vat
Aerosus 700 a pair inc

Has anyone had any pros and cons of the later 2 please i will not pay for Merc but is the Arnott worth the extra
thanks in advance

Arnott have been used by many members and are decent. I had this same scenario for my Audi and decided that I wouldn't risk the Aerosus even though they were cheaper as not enough members had fitted them on my car. I'm sure a couple of members have fitted Aerosus on here and hopefully they will reply to this thread but if you want to be safe, use the Arnott.

I’m in the same position with my 2006 GL. Put cheap Damper units on the back with Aerosus air bags which have been fine. I will go for Aerosus on the front.

Where and how are Aerosus units made?

I tried a pair for my AMG but returned them as I could see no difference visually between those units and the cheaper ones available direct from China. Went for rebuilt OEM units in the end for both my AMG and GL but that company is no longer operating.

It would be great to find another local (UK or EU) company that can rebuild the MB OEM units, complete with the original adjustable dampening function (if you have it) new air bags and shocks refreshed.

There was a post about the exact location where they are made but they cant answer as they have different suppliers around world

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

The previous owner fitted an Aerosus strut to the front of my ML420. 10K miles later it was knocking. They gave him a full refund, because it had only lasted six months old and was still in warranty, but of course, no refund of additional labour charges. Personally, I wouldn't use them.

Went for Arnott in the end as they seem to have better feedback a bit more money but they are made in house not by a 3rd party

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Great so Arnott no longer have stocks in UK pffffft

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom