Any high end Hi-Fi lovers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The advert starts off by saying "from the world best audio makers", lol, its like when people see Bose and say the same thing.

If like me, you like decent sound but are not quite into spending the cost of family car on a system try a Denon DM38 with DAB.

We had a cheap and nasty sub £100 jobby in our conservatory which died a month ago and we decided to get something a bit better which had DAB, a CD and an input for the other half's ipod.

I can't believe a system this small makes such a large sound, it's simply outstanding for it's size and price at circa £250 with the Denon speakers.

Richer sounds have all sorts of offers with higher grade speakers all still under the £300 mark. Must be one of the best HiFi buys I've ever made.

Last edited:
I've got an old Overture and I'd like to get some speakers for it, thought they might do, maybe I need to get rid of the Overture and start again.......??

Back in the day I used to have a Krell amp, Nakamichi CR-5 tape deck , Nakamichi ST-7 tuner, Mission 770 Freedom speakers & an Elite Rock turntable with an Excalibur arm/Garratt P-77 cartridge...happy days now sadly all gone as my kids took over my finances...

If like me, you like decent sound but are not quite into spending the cost of family car on a system try a Denon DM38 with DAB.

We had a cheap and nasty sub £100 jobby in our conservatory which died a month ago and we decided to get something a bit better which had DAB, a CD and an input for the other half's ipod.

I can't believe a system this small makes such a large sound, it's simply outstanding for it's size and price at circa £250 with the Denon speakers.

Richer sounds have all sorts of offers with higher grade speakers all still under the £300 mark. Must be one of the best HiFi buys I've ever made.

We have had the original Denon mini from that range, probably had it 8 years now and that has a really nice grown up sound, came with Denon speakers, made by Mission, and with it hooked up to a Rel sub it has been brilliant.

Back in the day I used to have a Krell amp, Nakamichi CR-5 tape deck , Nakamichi ST-7 tuner, Mission 770 Freedom speakers & an Elite Rock turntable with an Excalibur arm/Garratt P-77 cartridge...happy days now sadly all gone as my kids took over my finances...

Let me guess ....

Did you buy it from Absolute Sounds ?

Not really a sale pitch here, but I have a spare pair of Meridian DSP5000 speakers up for sale.

They are black ash versions of these...

silver_5000_room.JPG

There have two digital inputs on them so take a CD, Ipod dock, apple tv, tv out, cd player, blueray etc. direct.

They are the system, thing of them as dac, pre amp, 3 x power amps in each speaker and speakers in one package.

Retail was £3500, used prices are between £750-1000, asking £650.

Condition wise I would say 9/10.

I'm only selling as the music room I am using them in is being converted into a bedroom and I have another pair so one pair needs to go.

Mention of Denon reminds me of the best product reviews I've ever seen on Amazon

Amazon.com: Denon AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable: Electronics

The Q&A section sets the tone-
Q: Gift... If I buy this for my future wife, will it help in my marriage?
A:
1. Make love to your wife. 2. Wrap one end of the AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable around your wife's waist; tie the other end to your left testicle (right testicle if you live in the southern hemisphere or Nebraska). 3. MAKE SURE the directional arrows on the AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable are pointing towards you and not your wife. 4. You should immediately see a flash of light and hear the first five notes of Stairway to Heaven. This is your indication that all your manseed has been returned to its source. 5. Place the AKDL1 Dedicated Link Cable in the nearest lead lined safe. 6. Repeat steps 1-5. I once serviced my wife in this manner for 121 hours straight until we ran out of lube, although our average is closer to 87 hours. In appreciation we named our first nine children 'Denon'.

Gizze

What finish are your DSP's in ?

<edit> Realised that they are in black ash</edit>

Shame ..... maple would have been perfect for me.

Superb speakers.

I have a pair of Kef Q4's for sale if anyone's interested with spikes?

£100 collected.

PM me Tony.

Last edited:
I bought my Elite Rock from Sound Information in Clapham Junction SW11.

When I had the time to properly listen to music I spent quite a bit on good quality equipment - Linn / Cambridge Audio / Cyrus mainly. Nowadays the house is never quiet enough and I always seem to have other things to do. Shame really

a surprise revival of an old thread...I wonder if anyone's hi-fi setup has changed during this time? No mention of M&K speakers anywhere here but I think they are awesome!

MK MP150 x 3
MK IW950 x 2
MK IW285/VA500
MK IW85 x 4
Marantz SR7011
Marantz UD7007
JVC DLA-X5500
Projecta Elpro 122" Tensioned 4K screen
Projecta 12v Trigger control unit
JVC Flush Mount Bracket

a surprise revival of an old thread...I wonder if anyone's hi-fi setup has changed during this time? No mention of M&K speakers anywhere here but I think they are awesome!

MK MP150 x 3
MK IW950 x 2
MK IW285/VA500
MK IW85 x 4
Marantz SR7011
Marantz UD7007
JVC DLA-X5500
Projecta Elpro 122" Tensioned 4K screen
Projecta 12v Trigger control unit
JVC Flush Mount Bracket

I listened to MK 850 speakers 17years ago and was blown away by the sound so I bought a 5.1 MK750 set up but never got it sounding half as good. I know the 850s were a slight improvement but the difference was very obvious. I can only assume it was down to room shape, dynamics, reflective surfaces etc.

Good to see another home projection fan.
I have a Sony projector, Yamaha RX-A3070 receiver, Oppo player, Monitor Audio Apex speakers and a SVS sub. I run 7.1.2 speaker set-up.

Not really a sale pitch here, but I have a spare pair of Meridian DSP5000 speakers up for sale.

They are black ash versions of these...

silver_5000_room.JPG

There have two digital inputs on them so take a CD, Ipod dock, apple tv, tv out, cd player, blueray etc. direct.

They are the system, thing of them as dac, pre amp, 3 x power amps in each speaker and speakers in one package.

Retail was £3500, used prices are between £750-1000, asking £650.

Condition wise I would say 9/10.

I'm only selling as the music room I am using them in is being converted into a bedroom and I have another pair so one pair needs to go.
Wow!

Can't believe how much that room has changed in 7 years!!

This is it now, surround all gone, back to hifi....

IMG_0508.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom