Any idea how Mercedes manage to mess your order up?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hellblazer32

Car
C43
Hi guys,
I finally after 12 months got the call to say my GT63s has entered production. Only to then get told appraently my paint work wasn't available anymore(Vintage Blue) so they changed it to the next closest which is MANUFAKTUR Côte d'Azur light blue metallic.
It is nothing like the blue I wanted. Then after checking the paint colour is actually available! Now being told my car won't be built until 2024?! No eta on when in 2024? Surely there is something they can do.
I'm starting to think the dealership messed up and are trying to lie to cover their tracks.

Hi guys,
I finally after 12 months got the call to say my GT63s has entered production. Only to then get told appraently my paint work wasn't available anymore(Vintage Blue) so they changed it to the next closest which is MANUFAKTUR Côte d'Azur light blue metallic.
It is nothing like the blue I wanted. Then after checking the paint colour is actually available! Now being told my car won't be built until 2024?! No eta on when in 2024? Surely there is something they can do.
I'm starting to think the dealership messed up and are trying to lie to cover their tracks.
Contact Mercedes-Benz UK Customer Services and express your concerns. They are independent of your franchise dealer and so can advise on the facts.

If you already an AMG owner then you may wish to contact Mercedes-AMG Customer Services. It’s fundamentally the same but geared around AMG models/owners.

I have my doubts on how true what they say will be. There dealers earn them way more money than your one deal will.....so they won't usually say anything to dob the dealer on it.
Ask the dealer to show you the original order....then you can check dates and specs.

Hi guys,
You see this sort of thing all the time on forums, delayed production etc. With regard to the spec not being as ordered, it amazes me that MB and others can get away with this, consumer law is very specific on requiring sellers to provide products to the exact specification required, unless otherwise agreed. The oft quoted "Specs may vary" doesn't overrule the law.

Delayed production is very frustrating, I feel for the OP. It's equally as frustrating as having a fully built car that's been in Mexico for eight weeks waiting for a boat.....

If they treat a AMG GT63s customer like this what chance does the poor (literally) bloke ordering a plain white A180 have !? :D

Pi$$ poor service , and not a great start to ownership of such a nice car ...the GTs , not the A180.

Annoying to hear this sort of stuff happens often!
My dealership said i've been prioritised for the next allocation which is 2024...
Opened a complaint with head office as its an absolute joke.

Annoying to hear this sort of stuff happens often!
My dealership said i've been prioritised for the next allocation which is 2024...
Opened a complaint with head office as its an absolute joke.
What’s the reason for it not being available until next year, is it so they can paint a car in the colour you ordered, or another reason?

As suggested speak to Customer Services and ask to see a copy of the order they submitted.

I notice that it’s not possible to configure a GT 63 4 door at the moment, only buy from stock, so maybe there is a bigger reason that they can’t fulfil the order.

What’s the reason for it not being available until next year, is it so they can paint a car in the colour you ordered, or another reason?

As suggested speak to Customer Services and ask to see a copy of the order they submitted.
No, the car has been built and being shipped to UK. They have no more allocation for 2023 and they've said the next build slots when available I will be added onto. Which is 2024.

No, the car has been built and being shipped to UK. They have no more allocation for 2023 and they've said the next build slots when available I will be added onto. Which is 2024.
In similar situations it has been known that Mercedes will let you drive the “incorrect” car until the “correct” car arrives, and then swap you over.

I dare say that Mercedes are less generous in settling such matters these days but it can’t hurt asking, and getting Customer Services involved.

If that would work for you, then tell them that that’s the outcome you want.

In similar situations it has been known that Mercedes will let you drive the “incorrect” car until the “correct” car arrives, and then swap you over.

I dare say that Mercedes are less generous in settling such matters these days but it can’t hurt asking, and getting Customer Services involved.

If that would work for you, then tell them that that’s the outcome you want.
When I rung them I was told they will open an enquiry and i'll hear between 5 days to 2 weeks. Guy didn't seem interested. Can't find an AMG phone number the one on google says wrong number.

When I rung them I was told they will open an enquiry and i'll hear between 5 days to 2 weeks. Guy didn't seem interested. Can't find an AMG phone number the one on google says wrong number.

Try contacting them using the following email address, but you didn’t hear ot from me, right? 😁

[email protected]

If you’ve owned AMG models - or Mercedes before - then do mention it, it really does help them try a little harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom