Any idea what these acronym's are?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John_Doe

Car
C32
Really random I know but I recently had a diagnostic on my car and they gave me a print out of all the codes that came up. Most are stored with a few current but there's a few I don't really understand lol

Fault in CAN communication with control unit...

EZS
REAR SAM (is that the rear fuse unit?)
ICM
(these were all in the electronic seat section)

DCM-FL
(This was in the Air Con Section)

One list from this forum (though doesn't cover all of your enquiries):

http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/electronics/90554-acronyms-diagnostic-codes.html

Another (not just MB) list of acronyms:

Automotive Abbreviations

Gives EZS as [SIZE=-1]Electronic ignition switch
ICM as [/SIZE]
[SIZE=-1]Ignition control module

DCM-FL is control unit for front left door?

http://www.autologic-diagnostics.co...csoftwaretechspecformbvehicles_en_pf_v3.0.pdf
[/SIZE]

"A SAM (Signal Acquisition Module) functions much as a network router does on a computer or communications network. It monitors input from various switches, controls, monitoring devices, and warning systems. When you push a button on, for example, your dashboard, the signal goes through a SAM before the device you are controlling responds. If there is something wrong with the device you are trying to operate, you will likely then get a warning, delivered through the SAM to the CAN (Controller Area Network) bus. The CAN bus will send the error message to the "error screen" (the Multifunction Display, beneath your speedometer), or elsewhere in the instrument cluster.
There are SAM units at each large fuse panel (the fuse panels are mounted on them and connect to them): The two under the hood and the one under the right side of the rear seat (model dependant). In addition, the "electronic fuses" identified in the fuse diagrams are located within the SAMs."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom