Any ideas on what this noise may be?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RSTurbo50

Car
W212 E250 CDi AMG Sport
My W204 C63 is making a weird noise. Say for example im driving into a cul de sac, i pull into a driveway, reverse back then pull forward whilst turning up a slight incline, I can hear what sounds like a grinding and rumbling noise. The noise is only present when im pulling up a small incline with the wheels slightly turned. If im on a flat road pulling away in a straight line the noise isnt there. My nearside front disc is scored on the outer edge and im not sure if it has anything to do with the brakes rubbing? Iv also noticed when holding the footbrake at a set of lights then releasing the footbrake, the car sometimes feels like the brakes are still holding before it eventually pulls away......

Anybody come across this before?

Disc brake dust shield bent?

Maybe. You tend to feel the if engine mounts are worn by extra vibration through the car. Lots of people don't realise they have worn mounts as its a progressive fault.

Does anyone know a decent Indy in the North West? MB Tech in Warrington are supposedly good but they wanted £72 an hour for diagnosis. My concern is if the car is with them half a day it could cost me almost £300 just to diagnose the fault. Mercedes Benz of Warrington charge £120 for the diagnosis.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom