Any Ideas?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MarkF

Car
ML 270CDi Silver with Cream Leather.
I have noticed this twice now.

when towing with the horse trailer up steep hills, the car working hard when I have got home I have noticed what I think is small specs of oil down the drivers side of the car and around the front wheel arch.

Its not done this when I've towed before but I've not worked it hard.

There are signs of oil around the front of the turbo but its been like that since I bought her 3 years ago. I had it checked once and they said its fine, nothing to worry about. Its not using oil and there is no smoke from the rear.

Noticed it again today after some sprinted driving, so not sure whats going on. If its coming from the engine bay how is it getting around the weel arch liner and also it must be being spread by the tyre as its all around the edge of the wheel arch.

any ideas where to start and look would be appriciated.

I have noticed this twice now.

when towing with the horse trailer up steep hills, the car working hard when I have got home I have noticed what I think is small specs of oil down the drivers side of the car and around the front wheel arch.

Its not done this when I've towed before but I've not worked it hard.

There are signs of oil around the front of the turbo but its been like that since I bought her 3 years ago. I had it checked once and they said its fine, nothing to worry about. Its not using oil and there is no smoke from the rear.

Noticed it again today after some sprinted driving, so not sure whats going on. If its coming from the engine bay how is it getting around the wheel arch liner and also it must be being spread by the tyre as its all around the edge of the wheel arch.

any ideas where to start and look would be appreciated.

Firstly is it engine oil or auto transmission fluid (Is it an auto?)

If it's transmission fluid then check the joints around the oil cooler etc

Never thought of that, I will have a look.
I think I will pop over to the indi on Tuesday with it.

Thanks

Mark

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom