Any interest here in seeing non MB vehicles?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shyam27

Car
1983 MB W123 280CE, 1985 Nissan Leopard Ultima F31, 1986 Honda Civic 1.3 SB3 x2, 2000 Aprilia ETX
Hi guys,

I took delivery last week of a vehicle which is essentially an ultra rare unicorn luxo R31 Skyline. It has some great technology, like auto-wipers, auto-lights, super sonic suspension which basically adjusted dampness according to sensors which monitor the road ahead of you etc amongst some other things which exceeded my expectations considering it came from the 80's.

I was wondering if it's allowed to show/discuss/critique non-MB vehicles on this forum? Just curious as I feel like it's contemporary with over engineered Mercedes and I think some of you folks would appreciate that sort of thing.

Many thanks.

Thanks WDB124066. Watch this space, I will start new topic shortly when pictures have uploaded.

I had an R31 Pintara for a while, but it sounds like it was completely the opposite of yours; it was basically a downgraded version for the Australian domestic market... but it was the second step on the road to "better" Nissans.

The little GTiR actually makes more power than the CLK350 (but nothing like the torque, and nowhere near as comfortable).

I had an R31 Pintara for a while, but it sounds like it was completely the opposite of yours; it was basically a downgraded version for the Australian domestic market... but it was the second step on the road to "better" Nissans.

The little GTiR actually makes more power than the CLK350 (but nothing like the torque, and nowhere near as comfortable).

So is that a Nissan Pulsar GTiR you speak about? I bet it's a lot of fun, who needs comfort when your driving for thrills eh?

Thanks Bob, I've now created topic: New car - Non-MB - What do you think?

Allbeit in the wrong place. :(

So is that a Nissan Pulsar GTiR you speak about? I bet it's a lot of fun, who needs comfort when your driving for thrills eh?
That would be the one.
LwhUvLR3W5xrNdp0SGY9A4n7Uuq3YLiSPbrpALhrOMjqddJ2ielLwKhz1yMafBHnHu54J2DmGjTvUO4ae2YjlALmHlfbMmo4R_r_tX4I7dyfMlvIffyoQfy5ccOc2DdfzAvS44WzLtlWTVZ9g-weOJZW_i5LUhedTe2d5D1NONbc-L2ekwwMwCpfXKYOBrYhyGj8vP7sWv1Ki9TH5FRKdYYaRXVpUfCO68Mv8mG2Ny2CtCOhbSekrcrwuIOOT3fOvnGwS2id7_-dLuIwkJdAr7qsYaDqyRKAjtflAchTnMkTjxdqPtfQzHtO6E1AMiUOQ9L_bmwVxvs3ps0-EKXOc8yBhMb6xvC5sVsQrf2RiQNub_upz9XRGe1OS7sYrsEjj1RIzXJsUHyKhuK9BS5F10r4nTGNvmcorS1KTg_6GCftMAQPP4NGq1_ks20izxlwW9wcKbVhxCusDi-b2r4usjlQOOSmhlwkn_B27nji6b9NhHi1o4JRsE33kBp3tu_3SwvUSGmBhtBy8xZpyE97xLNpmBy2s3pfoAmQXvY4jHhea0DWVEKoIgw19ZoMcDoeb_eSXsKOXc_6MnsiA9w5gERfq0jzcC0dnEVNLSU=w1299-h974-no

That would be the one.
LwhUvLR3W5xrNdp0SGY9A4n7Uuq3YLiSPbrpALhrOMjqddJ2ielLwKhz1yMafBHnHu54J2DmGjTvUO4ae2YjlALmHlfbMmo4R_r_tX4I7dyfMlvIffyoQfy5ccOc2DdfzAvS44WzLtlWTVZ9g-weOJZW_i5LUhedTe2d5D1NONbc-L2ekwwMwCpfXKYOBrYhyGj8vP7sWv1Ki9TH5FRKdYYaRXVpUfCO68Mv8mG2Ny2CtCOhbSekrcrwuIOOT3fOvnGwS2id7_-dLuIwkJdAr7qsYaDqyRKAjtflAchTnMkTjxdqPtfQzHtO6E1AMiUOQ9L_bmwVxvs3ps0-EKXOc8yBhMb6xvC5sVsQrf2RiQNub_upz9XRGe1OS7sYrsEjj1RIzXJsUHyKhuK9BS5F10r4nTGNvmcorS1KTg_6GCftMAQPP4NGq1_ks20izxlwW9wcKbVhxCusDi-b2r4usjlQOOSmhlwkn_B27nji6b9NhHi1o4JRsE33kBp3tu_3SwvUSGmBhtBy8xZpyE97xLNpmBy2s3pfoAmQXvY4jHhea0DWVEKoIgw19ZoMcDoeb_eSXsKOXc_6MnsiA9w5gERfq0jzcC0dnEVNLSU=w1299-h974-no

Lovelyyyy, I was on the market for one of those for a while. But now I've kinda got my heart set on my friends Mazda 323 Familia GTR, just waiting for him to drop the penny.

Those GTi-Rs are awesome, Quad throttle bodies and aluminium plenum chamber and 440 injectiors as STANDARD! Lot of tech especially for the age. Used to see these regularly get in the 12s and 11's on the 1/4 mile back in the day.

Those GTi-Rs are awesome, Quad throttle bodies and aluminium plenum chamber and 440 injectiors as STANDARD! Lot of tech especially for the age. Used to see these regularly get in the 12s and 11's on the 1/4 mile back in the day.

That's it bud, we all put a lot emphasis into over engineered Mercs, etc.. And they were in terms of quality, more so then the Japs.

But the Japs were much more over engineered in innovation, technology and making the most power out of their little cc engines whilst still being extremely reliable. They were kind to their customers and passed the savings on in terms of part prices etc. They designed their cars so that owners could work on them and that's why I can appreciate them more than the German counterparts.

Nowadays, it doesn't matter what car you buy, your plastic mouldings are going to come from China, your battery going to come from Taiwan, your metal is going to come from Europe, etc etc, every manufacturer is on the wild rat race to save as much money as possible. There is no longer diversity between new cars. Manufacturers are no longer thirsty to bring new things to the table to compete with others. Theres always going to be a computer between you and the vehicle which just makes everything feel so digital and mundane. It just becomes a one big boring ordeal to drive a car.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom