Any kitchen fitters?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
One of my under-cabinet strip lights has fallen down - the plastic clips that hold it have snapped. Anybody know what I should be searching for or have a couple in their "bits and pieces" margarine tub?

I've used every search term I can think of!

Are they clips to hold the round tube ?

If so , search for terry clips : terry clips - Bing

A pic of what you need would be handy.

K

Are the clips to hold the fitting in place ?, then look at the manufacturer for new ones.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Move house.
A bit extreme.....

Just get a new kitchen fitted.
It will be minimal hassle and disruption over the Christmas and New Year period. Fitters are quietening down now, so it would be the perfect time.

Doing the washing up in the bath after the Queen's speech will make you popular for creating a memorable Christmas!

And double sided, heat resistant tape (so the glue doesn't melt in even the mildest of heat from LEDs) works well

Just use some 3M double sided tape. Holds lips and spoilers to cars so will have no problem with your LED light.

Removable too.

Look for VHB 3M if you want the strongest (overkill but still easy to remove in future)

Bathroom sealer/mastic/silicone, very sticky and reversible when the time comes.

Perhaps hot glue gun?

Velcro.

used it for similar applications before but had to PVA the surface first as the sticky back is the weak point.

NEW Hook & Loop Tape 21mm x 5m Each 5054480394710 | eBay

perfect^^^^^^

5m length of both strips 21mm wide. Will hold lamp fitting in place and easy removed when you need to change bulb.

However. As @190 mentioned, the LED strip lights from Screwfix are great if you’re up for changing all the lights. Very bright light, minimal running costs and long life span.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom