Any love for the X204 GLK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I like them, it's a shame they never made it to the UK. I tried to rent one a couple of years back in the US, unfortunately I got an unwanted upgrade to a GL450 instead..

Cheers,

Gaz

First saw one in Brasilia in a shopping mall in around 2006/7 and thought it looked great, was amazed that Mercedes never saw fit to import it here, i suppose with the launch of the BMW X1 that might change.

Seen loads in Russia. Looks good and almost always driven by hot looking young ladies.. :D

i think once the curvier new version gets rolled out that the price of the older style will drop and make them even more attractive, and i'll get me over to the continent on a fishing trip

RHD was not possible because of the 4Matic system. (Steering column in the way)

The only reason it wasn't imported.

driving a left hooker in the uk isn't much bother, but i appreciate MB couldn't legally import. will look abroad when the time comes

driving a left hooker in the uk isn't much bother, but i appreciate MB couldn't legally import. will look abroad when the time comes

LHD is perfectly legal. Just not liked by the market.

yes it is on the road for an individual, but mb as a supplier could not introduce under eu fit for destination market requirements

yes it is on the road for an individual, but mb as a supplier could not introduce under eu fit for destination market requirements

How are LHDs sold by other manufacturers?

This thread has re-awoken my interest, for some reason I fancy a mid-sized SUV as my next car. Thanks to the fact that the GLK is unavailable in the the UK, I did go and have a look at an X3 the other weekend :ban:. It's a nice piece of kit..

Did seem a bit pricey though, but I went on the german MB site and priced up a similar GLK 350.. £51K. Ouch.

So I've bought myself one of these for now..

Mercedes GLK (X204) 2012 schwarz metallic, Modellauto 1:18 / Maisto | eBay

Cheers,

Gaz

I've been looking at a couple for sale in Holland. LHD doesn't bother me, I ran a Fiat Barchetta for 3 years or so. We'll see..

Cheers,

Gaz

I've been looking at a couple for sale in Holland. LHD doesn't bother me, I ran a Fiat Barchetta for 3 years or so. We'll see..

Cheers,

Gaz

But Fiat was a UK model.... GLK is not.... interesting to see if that makes it worse or better.

Have you checked out insurance?

Well, my new GLK turned up a couple of days ago.. a little smaller than actual size. :)

IMG_1984_zpsa00790c4.jpg

IMG_1985_zpsf0c9f612.jpg

First time I've bought a model car in 30+ years.. but it'll do for now.

Cheers,

Gaz

Well, my new GLK turned up a couple of days ago.. a little smaller than actual size. :)

Probably need to add it to the contents insurance! ;)

I spend about 40% of my time in Canada, and my car in Ontario is a GLK350.
I have had the car for about 2 years, and if they made them in RHD I would have one here as well, it is that good.:D

Quiet, spacious, lovely driving position, Smooth etc.
It has been faultless (Currently 48,000KM) and of course, you get a 6 year Warranty in Canada :D

I drive a lot between Toronto and Ottawa, and even in the harsh winter (Minus 40 with normal wind chill, never mind doing 100KM on the highway, it was exceptional). ;)

The 4WD system is excellent and found no issues in snow.
One can only hope they get the 4WD RHD issue resolved, as I am sure they would do really well in, England, South Africa, Australia, New Zealand, Japan, India and all the other billion or so users of RHD vehicles. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom