Any meets in the new year?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

FrankyD

Car
2016 A45 AMG (facelift)
Will be picking up my new A45 in the next few weeks, just wondering if there are any regular meets going on (I'm based in Hertfordshire, but don't mind travelling).

Happy new year!

I'm new to this site, but would like to know if there is any meets/events this year as I'd also like to attend I'm based in the midlands and don't mind traveling

Acid usually puts on at least a couple of events each year at MSL in Birmingham which are well attended.
PCS had a big one in May as well down on the South coast.
Not usually any until springtime now though.

I'm new to this site, but would like to know if there is any meets/events this year as I'd also like to attend I'm based in the midlands and don't mind traveling

Depends on what you call the Midlands but a few of us from Nottingham in the South to Leeds in the North are planning to be a little more active in 2016. We have regular curry night's but we will also do a breakfast run starting probably in Notts ending up in the peak district for late breakfast. Also planning a visit to traffic police HQ

Will keep you posted

For those keen to attend a GTG, why not set something up and start a thread?

I've done a few meets with the M3 boys but don't get the impression the demand is here?

Past experience suggests there's little demand for an MBClub-only "show"/"day" however if you arrange an afternoon or evening at a pub, restaurant or place of interest, then people will come. Same goes for MBClub stands at generic shows.

We used to have an evening GTG in Lichfield, which may not be too far from you Stu. The turn out was probably 7/8 cars typically, with half being different each time. The location seemed to work well, as the A5, A38, M42, M6 Toll all come together there.

Past experience suggests there's little demand for an MBClub-only "show"/"day" however if you arrange an afternoon or evening at a pub, restaurant or place of interest, then people will come. Same goes for MBClub stands at generic shows.

I'm just waiting patiently for my 'Drive in a Lotus' afternoon. :bannana:

Ant. :D

I find there's a few that work well:

1. Meet at a pub for lunch
2. Drive a nice route the meet at pub for lunch (M3 lot enjoy driving but not sure based on people's attitude towards speeding, noise etc. On here this would work)
3. AMG only Friday-Monday event. I did a Eurothrasher event where we did Wales the year before it was Germany, Switzerland etc etc. Though this is a huge undertaking and requires organiser to plan a route, buy walked talkies, book hotels and then organise maximum 10-12 cars on trip. It's one of the best things I've ever done but again it takes in great roads, demanding driving and is great social event. This would be a great idea.

For an idea: EuroThrasher Trip One | TotalMCars.com

The membership has evolved a lot in the last year and so a road trip type event will probably be more popular now than had you asked say 5 years ago. That said there was an MBClub road trip to the AMG factory a few years ago.

I suspect take-up for big road trips will be more popular on forums with a larger number of single or child-less members. I reckon there are more younger members than ever on MBClub, and the C63 has converted owners of M3/GTR/etc, so uptake may be greater.

Start a thread and see who's up for it.

ChrisA is arranging another AMG run abroad in July/Aug so may be worth a PM if interested.

^ You can only go if you can keep up (His CLS can do 214mph):D
A few of the guys including Acid and Sarim went in 2013 I think.

^ You can only go if you can keep up (His CLS can do 214mph):D
A few of the guys including Acid and Sarim went in 2013 I think.

Shouldn't be too much trouble really. My limiter is very much gone :)

Will be picking up my new A45 in the next few weeks, just wondering if there are any regular meets going on (I'm based in Hertfordshire, but don't mind travelling).

Happy new year!

I'll organise a bluewater meeting soon!

Depends on what you call the Midlands but a few of us from Nottingham in the South to Leeds in the North are planning to be a little more active in 2016. We have regular curry night's but we will also do a breakfast run starting probably in Notts ending up in the peak district for late breakfast. Also planning a visit to traffic police HQ

Will keep you posted
I'm from Walsall and thanks

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom