Any members near Gateshead going to IKEA ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

LTD

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Polo GTi (and a travel pass for the train and subway)
If so, would you mind doing me a huge favour ?

I need a set of IKEA Billy bookcase corner brackets but the Glasgow store is out of stock but Gateshead is showing plenty

1702143375670.png

They are only £5 a pair plus whatever it would be to stick them in a Jiffy bag and post them to me

Happy to cover all costs and throw in extra for a pint to say thanks

Please PM me if you can help

My oh my, if you'd have posted earlier. I've just back home from there.
Well, I say just, we have been home long enough to enjoy some Ikea meatballs and cream gravy.

Reactions: LTD
If so, would you mind doing me a huge favour ?

I need a set of IKEA Billy bookcase corner brackets but the Glasgow store is out of stock but Gateshead is showing plenty

View attachment 150404

They are only £5 a pair plus whatever it would be to stick them in a Jiffy bag and post them to me

Happy to cover all costs and throw in extra for a pint to say thanks

Please PM me if you can help
Just get them on Amazon £7 more but that’ll be similar to paying postage etc.

Ikea Billy Corner Fittings, Fits Billy Bookcase 40x28 Centimetres, Galvanised, 401.041.09 - Pack of 2 https://amzn.eu/d/4r6ktaB

Never though of looking there at all !!

Thanks !!!

Just ordered them

Big thanks to clk320x for the heads up
No worries.

They hold the top and bottom of the bookcases at the correct spacing and angle to form a 45 degree corner between units rather than a 90 degree corner
Ah, okay. I'm sure I have some brackets like that in my garage, buried deep amongst the stuff you never throw away as it might be useful, one day!

A Swedish technical director I worked with in Denmark some time back said how he was sick of IKEA food, I though it was because he was from Sweden until he told me that TESLA had installed charging staions in most IKEAS.

He drove a Tesla , 'natch....

They hold the top and bottom of the bookcases at the correct spacing and angle to form a 45 degree corner between units rather than a 90 degree corner
That’s exactly what they are for and exactly why I need them

Got my bookcases ordered and being delivered next weekend but brackets were unavailable

Thanks to all for the input - the gathered might of the forum wins again !!!

I use short lengths of perforated banding to hold my Billy bookcases together, fixed on top so not visible.
and can be bent to form brackets to secure them to the wall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom