Any Mercedes CL W215 expert here? :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigBodyBenzAMG

Car
Mercedes CL 500
Hello,

I just bought a CL 500 2000 and I found out it got 2 issues.

1. The sunroof won't open, it goes up like it's about to open and then it just stops, I can hear the engine working.

2. The drivers side doorlock won't open electrically just manually from the steel pin or whatever in the key. And aswell when I'm about to lock the door it only goes down half way(the other passengerdoor get's locked and goes down all the way) so then I usually open the door and if I'm lucky the alarm don't go off but sometimes it does anyway I open the driver door and push the lock down fully and shut the door and it works.

I'm really confused especially about the lock, do anyone has any idea what this is and how you fix it? Thanks alot for reading this far hopefully you can answer aswell :):thumb:

Thanks

The sunroof probably needs to be normalised.... Keep pressing and releasing the button and the sunroof should move back, when it's as far back as it goes, press the button and hold it for 10 seconds. From now on the sun roof should move properly.

The driver door lock will probably be a broken cable in the harness from the chassis to the door, I think there is a how-to on here if you search.

The sunroof probably needs to be normalised.... Keep pressing and releasing the button and the sunroof should move back, when it's as far back as it goes, press the button and hold it for 10 seconds. From now on the sun roof should move properly.

The driver door lock will probably be a broken cable in the harness from the chassis to the door, I think there is a how-to on here if you search.

Thank you so much for your reply, I will go check that, I just realised that the driversdoor speaker don't work either if that has anything to do with the lock not working. What should I search for when looking for the lock problem? Thanks again:thumb:

I did 6 loom repairs in 2014 and one this year so far. The worst one I had to solder 65 joints..... Tedious is not the word.

I did 6 loom repairs in 2014 and one this year so far. The worst one I had to solder 65 joints..... Tedious is not the word.

They are stupidly fiddly!!!!! I only had 2 joints gone on mine, one of them being for the airbag :/, the other was the speaker it does seem that the speaker cable seems to be the one that breaks most commonly?

They are stupidly fiddly!!!!! I only had 2 joints gone on mine, one of them being for the airbag :/, the other was the speaker it does seem that the speaker cable seems to be the one that breaks most commonly?

Haha wow what have I bought, now I just saw the the trunk can't be opened manually by pushing the button on the trunk either only by using the key, you have any clue on how to fix that aswell?:doh:

thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

m2287 said:

Any of them can fatigue. It's very random.

BigBodyBenzAMG said:
Haha wow what have I bought, now I just saw the the trunk can't be opened manually by pushing the button on the trunk either only by using the key, you have any clue on how to fix that aswell?:doh: thanks for all the help I really appreciate it.

It could be the button itself. The best way to diagnose it is with a Star.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom