Any mountain bikers on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mymini007

Car
Mini (real one) CLS320
As above really, I like to get out on the bike of a weekend, and get a bit muddy, anyone else.

I used to love it as a teenager.

I was lucky enough to have quite a nice bike - despite having little else - and my best mate and I would just dissappear early most Saturday, Sunday, and school holiday mornings - reappearing at bed time, hungry and covered in mud!!

Great times.

I bought my most recent bike in around 1996 when the one above was stolen, and it probably still has nobbles on the tyres. Complete contrast to it's predecessor!!

Yes, do a little bit.

Use to do Time trials on a road bike, 22:30 my quickest time for a 10 miles :)

Now I do a little MTB'ing and have a Klein as in the picture (mine has pedals..)

klien.jpg

Aye, although obviously not as much as I'd like.

Quite often hit Chicksands or Wendover for some 4X action.

Have got a Kona Caldera - nothing special, bought it when I was reasonably broke so went for the best hardtail I could afford rather than a compromised full suspension.

My friend has an Orange bike, cost him £7K :eek:

use a road bike quite a bit, done the The LONDON-PARIS 2010 l2p last year to raise money for the Geoff Thomas foundation.

Yep, either on a steel-framed Marin or on my fully suspended Klein, which looks like this:

image.aspx

A210AMG clearly has great taste ;)

Do a bit around Leicestershire on my Boardman Team Hardtail. Rutland water, Graffham. Also done the Wolf trails up near Aviemore in the Highlands! Great sport for an old feller trying to keep fit!

I now need a fitting kit for my Thule roof bars for when the E coupe arrives. Can't fing them listed though.

After 10 years with a 1999 Trek Y3 (used daily) I recently bought a 2009 GT Avalance 1.0:

33983.jpg

bike2-1.jpg

bike1-1.jpg

Which I used daily, and on long runs at the weekend. Love it so far apart from the rust :(

you're in Wiltshire, you've got Salisbury Plain what are you waiting for?

SPAM Biking might be a good place to start.

A mate in our village is in training for an off road ride from here to Versailles in July, i'll be in the support vehicle!

Paul

A mate in our village is in training for an off road ride from here to Versailles in July, i'll be in the support vehicle!

Paul

Road cycling only, absolutely love it - Spec Roubaix carbn at the moment, looking for a Pinarello for the summer.

I bought a Boardman hardtail MTB during the snow so i could get out every day - lucky to still have my collar bones!

I do, locally in Cheshire, also to the trails centers in Wales and a fair bit in the Peak.

This is a couple of years ago in Scotland:

clk9.jpg

Current bike, Specialized Stumpy FSR Elite (after a very wet ride :) ):

fsrelite.jpg

Paul

I have done a couple of Spam events but we have just started our own club too Setting a Scene • Portal we have about 40 members, 20 or so regular riders.

Here is mine after a pretty muddy day

31012010097.jpg

And this is what it looks like clean

12122009072.jpg

And this is my HT

MyBikes001.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom