Any Newcastle members - car viewing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wemorgan

MB Enthusiast
Car
A205 C220d
A long shot, but are there are Newcastle members with time to look at a car (non-MB) for me?

Cheers.

I'm Newcastle ish. What is it you need looking at.

There's a car I'm quite interested in buying @ NE12 5UR. It would be great if someone could give it the once over to be sure it's as described, no accident damage etc. I'm near Banbury, so it would be quite a trip for me otherwise. If you have time and it's local to you I'll post the advert. Cheers.

Will - I'm hoping to head up to Northumbria on Monday if nothing else works out. Bear in mind my recent car buying choices though!

Thanks David. It's a Clio too, which if I recall is what you've also bought - oh dear ;)

Thanks. The reason I've asked is I know a few dealers in the area but I've never heard of this one. I can make enquiries but, due to the hol period, I won't have any answers till the middle of next week

Ok cheers. They're known to the Clio forum, so I'm not worried about their honesty, just looking for someone to give the car the once over.

Ok cheers. They're known to the Clio forum, so I'm not worried about their honesty, just looking for someone to give the car the once over.

I wouldn't dream of advising someone on a purchase but I'm willing to go and take any photos or cast an amateur eye over any concerns you may have

Good choice Will,

Esp with trick dampers already refurbed

Thanks David. It's a Clio too, which if I recall is what you've also bought - oh dear ;)

Clio is long gone... A brief consideration of what needed doing for the next MOT sealed it's fate. What really did the damage were the indicator 'click' not working. £350 part required as the relay is mounted on a main board.

That's about what I paid for the car....

davidjpowell said:
Clio is long gone... A brief consideration of what needed doing for the next MOT sealed it's fate. What really did the damage were the indicator 'click' not working. £350 part required as the relay is mounted on a main board. That's about what I paid for the car....
That could have been sorted for under a fiver, David.

Clio is long gone... A brief consideration of what needed doing for the next MOT sealed it's fate. What really did the damage were the indicator 'click' not working. £350 part required as the relay is mounted on a main board.

That's about what I paid for the car....

A replacement part from a breakers yard wouldn't have been an option ?

Will, I'm happy to take a look But harrythedog is closer by quite a few miles if he is heading that way. I'm tied up over the weekend so if you aren't sorted by Monday give me a reminder.

Dave.

Thanks all for the offers.
I've now decided against that car, so no need for any viewings.
Thanks again.

A replacement part from a breakers yard wouldn't have been an option ?

Missed this. No it's a code to the car once time only.

I believe that you can rewire to include a relay, but life's too short to cope with **** cars, Mercs included.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom