Any of you folk bikers? A chance to ride a prototype!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Richard W

Car
BMWs :-)
Looking for bikers (the motorised kind :) ) in the Farnborough area who would be interested in attending a customer 'clinic'. This is where a manufacturer shows prototypes and in this case a lucky few will get to ride them.:bannana:

You must be a bike owner and your bike should be younger than 2002 '02

Dates for this are the 29th, 30th and 31st July

If you're interested you need to register by emailing: [email protected] with your name, address, contact details with the make, model and year of your bike. You will need to have your own leathers and helmet in case you're chosen as a rider.

Actually, thinking about this, I am a little bit uncomfortable letting unknown people where they can find bikes to steal to order.

I need more info as this could well be a scam.

Perhaps this is the cynic in me, but what a great way of getting a shopping list together...we know who you are, where you live and what you've got.

The domain goes nowhere and is thoroughly nondescript. Richard, where did this info come from?

OK straight talking here as I've seen some scams over the years too.

This is my wife's (fledgling, hence the lack of detail on the domain) market research company who have been approached to fill slots at this particular event. She is actively recruiting and if you want to meet we will be talking to bikers at Box Hill on Sunday morning.

In all seriousness if you'd prefer not to give details of your bike that's fine.

And without giving to much away it would be a worthwhile trip....:D

I was paid £120 to view, ten minute test drive, write a description, tick some boxes, and guess the price of the vivaro van just before its release.

I don't imagine too many bikers bothering to put that work in without some sort of sweetener for their time and effort. Getting good quality info from a typical potential customer has to be worth some expense.

I think you are going to have to make your opportunity a little more expansive

I do wish your Mrs every success with her venture.

Thanks for the insight and good wishes - from your experience I guess if you qualified you'd be happy do do something similar again?

I can say it's not £120, but it is a reasonable amount and there may be a cup of tea too:).

Sorry for sounding vague - I'm just wary of the internet wierdos who trawl for this sort of stuff. For those who do fit the model it's worth an email.

The other one she's got next week is for yoghurt - don't suppose there's many fruit corner fanciers either....:D

Thanks for the insight and good wishes - from your experience I guess if you qualified you'd be happy do do something similar again?

I can say it's not £120, but it is a reasonable amount and there may be a cup of tea too:).

Sorry for sounding vague - I'm just wary of the internet wierdos who trawl for this sort of stuff. For those who do fit the model it's worth an email.

The other one she's got next week is for yoghurt - don't suppose there's many fruit corner fanciers either....:D

Count me out then, unless they're making something to fit 6'3 gorillas with barn-door torso's I probably won't fit.

Good luck with the venture though.

OK, Thanks for the interest anyway.

P.S. there's nothing wrong with 6' 2" gorillas with barn door torsos (sounds like me:D).

Which Farnborough is it? I was just about to send an email and then realised I didn't fancy riding all the way over to Kent. Is it the Farnborough near to Farnham?

LOL - didn't know there was more than one!

Yes, it's the Farnborough of Airshow fame - Hampshire

why does your existing bike have to be 2002 or newer - my blackbird is a 99, had it for six years cos it's so good

I was approached to do the work by a lady hanging out in the B&Q car park, she checked out my van, asked if I bought and chose it myself, signed me up. I would do it again, the money was okay and I was kind of flattered to be asked my opinion.

I would think your Mrs might try a biker hang out. The ones I know, Helmsley and Matlock Bath are too far north for you. I imagine there is somewhere southern that they congregate?

Benzmanc - now we've got the full brief from the agency there is criteria which includes pre-02 bikes. Drop us a note and I'll call you.

Finisterre - yes, there is. Box Hill near Dorking. We're going in the morning as we have permission from the owners to talk to their customers.

Thanks Pete, you're registered.

Philip, have mailed for a contact number unless you're at work today?

Lots of interest at Box Hill this morning and quite a few signing up.

Philip, sorry we couldn't use you - it sounds like you have an interesting job anyway!!

Let me know if there's any more of you who want to sign up :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom