Any old ceiling tube lights please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Friends

I am in need of additional garage ceiling lighting in the form of tube units. Any out there looking for a home in Kent?

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

LED is the future and the now...

..and cheap as chips if the amount I have seen been bought in costco this week is anything to go by..

..and cheap as chips if the amount I have seen been bought in costco this week is anything to go by..

IKEA also has a good range of lighting. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got one the electricians never got round to fitting.

This week, I've replaced the 5' fluorescent lighting in my Utility Room for a 5' LED equivalent.

The difference is, pardon the pun, like 'night and day'.

Highly recommended.

This week, I've replaced the 5' fluorescent lighting in my Utility Room for a 5' LED equivalent.

The difference is, pardon the pun, like 'night and day'.

Highly recommended.

Do you know which specific one you got? Been thinking of these for my garage but have seen a recent dicsussion on another forum that the light from them can be very directional and also weird colour.

Do you know which specific one you got? Been thinking of these for my garage but have seen a recent dicsussion on another forum that the light from them can be very directional and also weird colour.

If you buy cheap then yes. Buy a decent make like OSRAM or Philips then they are indentical to filtaments.

I have warm white (yellow) GU10 LED spot lights in hallway and Cool white in kitchen (white).

They use 8watt instead of 50watt each and have build in diffusers.

If you buy cheap then yes. Buy a decent make like OSRAM or Philips then they are indentical to filtaments.

I have warm white (yellow) GU10 LED spot lights in hallway and Cool white in kitchen (white).

They use 8watt instead of 50watt each and have build in diffusers.

Question was about fluorescent's. As is the whole thread. :)

Just fitted new LED light battens under our kitchen cabinets and noticed during my research before purchase all known brands specify beam angle. I bought Sylvania high output units with 270deg throw

Deltech Series 5000 Slim Profile LED Batten, Flicker Free.

deltechuk.com

Probably too far away from you but I saw these in 2 skips at a local school this a.m.

5yb4sz.jpg

scw36r.jpg

Have a look on the Screwfix website. They're so cheap they're not even worth pulling out of skips

Nick Froome

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom