Any one got a car in Alabandine Gray - what color is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
A strange request :eek:

Just trying to choose a C Class car color it is a toss up between Alabandine Gray or Palladium Silver (with Alpaca interior). I like the darker Alabandine as it shows up the chrome better but what colour is the metallic in it?

I saw one briefly and it looked as if it had a hint of green in the metallic or was this my imagination. Can someone describe the colour to me? Or even put a close up photo of the finish on the internet. Any comments on living with this colour would be appreciated. :D

Presumably named after the mineral ALABANDITE. described thus.

Colour: Iron black, brown, greyish black, green; dull brown (tarnished)
Comment: in polished section, gray-white; deep green to brown and red in thin slivers.

so my guess metallic grey with a hint of green as you surmised. looks nice piccy

Last edited:
I believe this is Alabandine:

820157_1511937_6048_4032_10c1233_141.jpg

820152_1511922_6048_4032_10c1233_040.jpg

The colour actually looks nice in those photos...

Yes it does look nice but when the sun fell on it it did look very green. Not sure about the green :crazy:

Photos look really great but I really need to find someone who has one and has had to live with it. This seems to have replaced the Tenorite Gray which was available on the pre facelift C class. but has been available on for example the SL for a few years.

Will be at a dealership on Thursday will see if they have one.

If you are lucky they may have a display panel about 9 inch square.

Alabandine C220 Elegance

I ordered a new C220 five weeks ago in Alabandine Grey.

I have never seen one nor did the showroom have a sample. I chose it on the basis of web photos and because I didn't like any of the other colours!

I had been waiting for the facelift model to appear so that I could get one with the 7 speed auto. I was hoping for a nice metallic red but there isn't one.

I saw an old E Class last week in a beautiful metallic red but variations on grey seem to be the current fashion with German manufacturers.

Keep telling them like I do.

Soon takes the smile off the salesmans face when you say I will have a car but not in silver!! He struggles then.

Yes we need a good metallic green, a nice ice blue and a metallic red.

Just like the old days.

I would want to see one in the flesh. If too green it might affect resale figures. Some people won't buy green cars due to superstition.

I would want to see one in the flesh. If too green it might affect resale figures. Some people won't buy green cars due to superstition.
What superstition is that? - just curious

That green cars give trouble, or get involved in more crashes.;

Have to confess I never heard that that one. Accidents-- maybe because they blend into any vegetation beside the road, but then dark grey cars would be more likely to blend into tarmac. :dk: Can't think of any rational reason for them being more unreliable.:confused:

Apparently Yellow is the safest colour, I wonder if that includes Ferraris since it's their house colour :D

That green cars give trouble, or get involved in more crashes.;

I owned a green car (well, people carrier) once, was involved in 3 accidents within 5yrs (none my fault). The only accidents I have had in 35yrs of driving. :dk:

I owned a green car (well, people carrier) once, was involved in 3 accidents within 5yrs (none my fault). The only accidents I have had in 35yrs of driving. :dk:

Definitive proof that green cars are unlucky I would say!

Just joined this forum. Hope it's a bit more objective than this.

Saw C class yesterday in the colour best way to describe it is silver with a hint of green. It is about the same darkness as palladium silver. Quite nice but wifey did not approve. So now down to Palladium silver or black. I am not sure which of these colours the C class carries best.

Alabandine Grey

I have a C class ordered in Alabandine,which I randomly chose without seeing the colour in the flesh.Have now seen a couple in the works car park and pleased with my choice....It is a mid grey colour which has a musty green tint when the sun shines on it....looks good !

A strange request :eek:

Just trying to choose a C Class car color it is a toss up between Alabandine Gray or Palladium Silver (with Alpaca interior). I like the darker Alabandine as it shows up the chrome better but what colour is the metallic in it?

I saw one briefly and it looked as if it had a hint of green in the metallic or was this my imagination. Can someone describe the colour to me? Or even put a close up photo of the finish on the internet. Any comments on living with this colour would be appreciated. :D

Hi Ive just seen your request. Did you purchase the car in Alabandite?
Reason for my reply is that in November last year I purchased a SL R230 I was told by the owner that the colour was rare.
He said it was Sterling Grey. Well just now I thought I would purchase some touch up paint. I had some trouble finding 779 and to my surprise the colour came up as, Alabandite ( a mineral ) So my thought was how many cars are out there in this colour? I'm thinking not many. I am surprised how many people have commented on how lovely the colour is. I purchased the car based on several reasons not
especially the colour. i do have to say, I think the car looks gorgeous. Well I would be interested to hear from others that have a mercedes in this colour, and what their thoughts are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom