Any one got a car in Alabandine Gray - what color is it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Goldfish11

Car
C220 CDI (09/11 - Facelift) & SLK200
A strange request :eek:

Just trying to choose a C Class car color it is a toss up between Alabandine Gray or Palladium Silver (with Alpaca interior). I like the darker Alabandine as it shows up the chrome better but what colour is the metallic in it?

I saw one briefly and it looked as if it had a hint of green in the metallic or was this my imagination. Can someone describe the colour to me? Or even put a close up photo of the finish on the internet. Any comments on living with this colour would be appreciated. :D

Presumably named after the mineral ALABANDITE. described thus.

Colour: Iron black, brown, greyish black, green; dull brown (tarnished)
Comment: in polished section, gray-white; deep green to brown and red in thin slivers.

so my guess metallic grey with a hint of green as you surmised. looks nice piccy

Last edited:
I believe this is Alabandine:

820157_1511937_6048_4032_10c1233_141.jpg

820152_1511922_6048_4032_10c1233_040.jpg

Yes it does look nice but when the sun fell on it it did look very green. Not sure about the green :crazy:

Photos look really great but I really need to find someone who has one and has had to live with it. This seems to have replaced the Tenorite Gray which was available on the pre facelift C class. but has been available on for example the SL for a few years.

Will be at a dealership on Thursday will see if they have one.

If you are lucky they may have a display panel about 9 inch square.

Alabandine C220 Elegance

I ordered a new C220 five weeks ago in Alabandine Grey.

I have never seen one nor did the showroom have a sample. I chose it on the basis of web photos and because I didn't like any of the other colours!

I had been waiting for the facelift model to appear so that I could get one with the 7 speed auto. I was hoping for a nice metallic red but there isn't one.

I saw an old E Class last week in a beautiful metallic red but variations on grey seem to be the current fashion with German manufacturers.

Keep telling them like I do.

Soon takes the smile off the salesmans face when you say I will have a car but not in silver!! He struggles then.

Yes we need a good metallic green, a nice ice blue and a metallic red.

Just like the old days.

I would want to see one in the flesh. If too green it might affect resale figures. Some people won't buy green cars due to superstition.

I would want to see one in the flesh. If too green it might affect resale figures. Some people won't buy green cars due to superstition.
What superstition is that? - just curious

That green cars give trouble, or get involved in more crashes.;

Have to confess I never heard that that one. Accidents-- maybe because they blend into any vegetation beside the road, but then dark grey cars would be more likely to blend into tarmac. :dk: Can't think of any rational reason for them being more unreliable.:confused:

Apparently Yellow is the safest colour, I wonder if that includes Ferraris since it's their house colour :D

That green cars give trouble, or get involved in more crashes.;

I owned a green car (well, people carrier) once, was involved in 3 accidents within 5yrs (none my fault). The only accidents I have had in 35yrs of driving. :dk:

I owned a green car (well, people carrier) once, was involved in 3 accidents within 5yrs (none my fault). The only accidents I have had in 35yrs of driving. :dk:

Definitive proof that green cars are unlucky I would say!

Just joined this forum. Hope it's a bit more objective than this.

Saw C class yesterday in the colour best way to describe it is silver with a hint of green. It is about the same darkness as palladium silver. Quite nice but wifey did not approve. So now down to Palladium silver or black. I am not sure which of these colours the C class carries best.

Alabandine Grey

I have a C class ordered in Alabandine,which I randomly chose without seeing the colour in the flesh.Have now seen a couple in the works car park and pleased with my choice....It is a mid grey colour which has a musty green tint when the sun shines on it....looks good !

A strange request :eek:

Just trying to choose a C Class car color it is a toss up between Alabandine Gray or Palladium Silver (with Alpaca interior). I like the darker Alabandine as it shows up the chrome better but what colour is the metallic in it?

I saw one briefly and it looked as if it had a hint of green in the metallic or was this my imagination. Can someone describe the colour to me? Or even put a close up photo of the finish on the internet. Any comments on living with this colour would be appreciated. :D

Hi Ive just seen your request. Did you purchase the car in Alabandite?
Reason for my reply is that in November last year I purchased a SL R230 I was told by the owner that the colour was rare.
He said it was Sterling Grey. Well just now I thought I would purchase some touch up paint. I had some trouble finding 779 and to my surprise the colour came up as, Alabandite ( a mineral ) So my thought was how many cars are out there in this colour? I'm thinking not many. I am surprised how many people have commented on how lovely the colour is. I purchased the car based on several reasons not
especially the colour. i do have to say, I think the car looks gorgeous. Well I would be interested to hear from others that have a mercedes in this colour, and what their thoughts are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom