Any One Got One?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

manpolsabre

Car
1992 300D
My lad who is the army based in Germany, is looking for a new car some time in the new year, he gets it tax free so he can get a really good deal.

He is looking at perhaps a bog standard, basic, C200 CDI Classic SE saloon......the cheapest in the Merc range.....has anybody got one of these, or knows about them, to give the pro's and con's?

Not bad for a 19 year old squaddie

Bob

I guess like all Mercs an auto will be the better investment.

The 'MB Lex' leather is quite popular too, looks like genuine leather but at a fraction of the price.

Originally posted by RichardM
The 'MB Lex' leather is quite popular too, looks like genuine leather but at a fraction of the price.
Also more hardwearing. I will omit the disgusting details from this thread ;)

What are you talking about nick ?

Just checked www.mercedes.co.uk and found the following....

The C 200 CDI Classic SE Saloon has, as standard, automatic transmission with Tipfunction, Speedtronic Cruise Control, automatic climate control, a 6-speaker single CD stereo, leather trimmed steering wheel and alloy wheels. All for £249.00 a month.

Wondering if its the same in Germany?

Originally posted by fuzzer
What are you talking about nick ?
I was talking to someone about MB Tex/Lex and he said that taxi drivers usually have it because drunks can throw up on it about 5 times in a night and all you need to do is hose it down once in a while - very hardwearing :)

I'm sure any self-respecting 20 year old squadie will talk to those "in the know" but...

...I know someone in the same situation who bought a car in Germany. He checked it was full UK spec (it was) before he placed the order.

When the car arrived it had no stereo - apparently these were fitted by the importer over here once they arrived in the country. This was not a Mercedes, but I would suggest you send him a Merc brochure & price list so that he can confirm everything is as it should be.

Despite the stereo hicup, my mate sold the car in the UK 2+ years later for the price he bought it for in Germany!!!

Cheers!

Phil:bannana:

I remember when the W140 was released in Australia and the cars were still in the bond store - none of them had stereos fitted from the factory......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom