Any one has dynavin comand W203 pre facelift

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lionheart

Car
Mercedes c200k
Hi al, I am thinking of buying and installing a comand for my C200K 2002 pre facelift, similar to this one
COMAND Style Navigation/iPod for Mercedes CLK/C-Class | eBay UK

It has alot more featurs than the orginal Merceds one, like usb and sd card etc, and from what I understood it fits in without any extra wiring!

Has any one fitted one of them? and is it worth the money? thanks

Lionheart

You might want to talk to Alfie - check the link to Comandonline

Dynavin

I have now had two customers come to me with these units already fitted.

In our opinion they are dreadful. They do not work with the steering wheel controls and they do not work with the instrument cluster. all you see in the cluster is '----' for Audio and phone. When you engage the reversing camera all the sound goes and then suddenly comes back after a forward gear is engaged.

The build quality is very poor.

Whats worse though is one customer had hers installed by the supplier and within a week wasnt happy with it. They said they wouldnt take it back usually but would do so in this instance. They offered her £250 back on the installed price of £750. They then wanted to charge her £150 to take it out. We took it out for her and reinstalled her audio-20 for £50.

I would suggest that anyone thinking of upgrading to a navigation unit that cannot stretch to comand, look at offerings from alpine, Pionner or Kenwood instead. At least these will have a good standard of build quality.

Finally, I had a reseller/distributor call me up and ask if we would like to resell them. I politely pointed out that we had heard poor things about them and were not prepared to offer them to our customers. The sales person agreed that for Mercedes they too wouldnt recommend them! That says it all to me.

Well against all odds, I took the plunge and installed the new android based model D99, I had it for a week now and I must say I am (so far) very happy with it, everything works, great sound, bluetooth, USB, iphone connection, micro sd card, navigation, DVD, and internet all tested and working as they should.

However I kept my old trusted Mercedes radio just in case. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom