Any one read MERCEDES ENTHUSIAST magazine ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulE230

Is it worth a subscription ?

Not a bad magazine, its trouble is that it reads like an Offical Mercedes brochure - rarely stating any faults with models.

Some of the classifieds are funny, W Reg C200 (W202) Classic with 69,000k £9000. mmm 'bargin'

Last edited:
I tend to pick a copy up now and then if I'm passing or in a WH Smiths, but it's probably the only real MB magazine out there so they do well out of that.

As has been said, most info you're going to find on these forums, although it's nice for things like the adverts, pictures etc.

Will

I used to buy it when I was looking for my car, but now I just browse it in the shop.

Some issues are good, but like killerhertz says it is biased.

i am a sunscriber and for the money its a good read... lot of good companies advertising in there related to the marque which is always good..

Lacks any real depth, and as far as their factual information is concerned, it has loads of contradictions from one month to another about the same cars.

You would think they would have a data base of facts - but no.

It appears that the writers are freelance general car article contributors, with no specific Mercedes expertise. Very poor really.

I see that the editor Dan Trent has gone, and the 25 year old girl, (lizzi ?) is standing in.

I too feel that they just skim the surface on most I know the photographer Eric Richardson very well. I can understand Jay using it as it does give a fair idea of market trends in the used car sales and who is doing what

Lacks any real depth, and as far as their factual information is concerned, it has loads of contradictions from one month to another about the same cars.

You would think they would have a data base of facts - but no.

It appears that the writers are freelance general car article contributors, with no specific Mercedes expertise. Very poor really.

I see that the editor Dan Trent has gone, and the 25 year old girl, (lizzi ?) is standing in.

Dan came to our GTG earlier this year in Kent.
Thought he was going to take photos and do a write up, but nothing:rolleyes:

I wont bother with that then. I will just pick up the odd one

Thanks thats saved me £37

I subscribe...but then in this house we also get:

World Archaeology
Private Eye
Olive
PCW
Sky Mag
National Geographic
Current Archaeology
The Field
Country Living
Country Life
BMJ
The Artist
National Trust Magazine
Waitrose Magazine
The Garden

And some other that I can't recall at the mo...sort of mag tarts I guess, so I'm not sure that's a recommendaton for Merc Mag!

wow you must have a lot of free time...
i only subscribe to ME and mercedes club gazette... i have at least 6 months copies of both still in their wrappers waiting to be opened!

I like it, I've just signed up for a third year. No it's not perfect, but an interesting read.

I go along with what has been said, I subscribe to it, but feel it could be so much better. When they reviewed the Maybach it was a great write-up about the road journey, but detail and decent pictures were sadly lacking. They also compared an Actros to a top end Mercedes car, but once more the factual content was awful.

I would give it six out of ten and feel they could so easily do so much better.

John

I also buy it from time to time at WH Smith, but don't subscribe.

Are there any other dedicated Mercedes magazines out there other than ME? I've tried searching but nothing. I thought there must be one in America.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom