Any one speak german

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

racall

Car
Black R172SLK
I recently won a item on german Ebay.
Can any one translate this into german please:

Hi there
I have just won item XXXXX on Ebay at a cost of XX euros.Could you please advise me of the total cost including postage to London and your address for payment

Many thanks

Hi there
I have just won item XXXXX on Ebay at a cost of XX euros.Could you please advise me of the total cost including postage to London and your address for payment

Many thanks

from Google translation.
Hi there
Ich habe nur gewonnen item XXXXX auf Ebay zu einem Preis von XX euros.Could Sie bitte beraten Sie mich über die Gesamtkosten einschließlich Porto nach London und Ihre Adresse für die Zahlung.
Vielen Dank

and translated back

Hi there
I have only won XXXXX item on Ebay for a price of XX euros.Could please advise me of the total costs, including postage to London and address for the payment.
Thank you

try it yourself?

http://www.google.co.uk/language_tools?hl=en

Last edited:
German Ebay is a good hunting ground, sometimes tricky to come up with the right search terms, but I have had some real bargains from the Germans.

Shame most of them don't take Paypal, would make it much easier.

German Ebay is a good hunting ground, sometimes tricky to come up with the right search terms, but I have had some real bargains from the Germans.

Shame most of them don't take Paypal, would make it much easier.

Thats true I bought a few things there for my 129

Hi there

Many thanks

I'll try my German, my current teacher would be disappointed if I couldn't do this as it was in a recent exam!
--------------

Betreff: Ebay XXXXX (this is like "RE:_____" at the top of a letter)

Sehr geehrter Herr [name of Ebay man],

Ich habe vorhin den Artikel "Ebay XXXX" gewonnen. Der Preis ist €€€€. Wie sind die Gesamtkosten mit dem Porto nach London und wie ist ihre Addresse für die Zahlung? Vielen Dank.

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

racall

--------------------

Any native Germans here want to correct it? I take my Zertificat in a few months! ARGH!

Last edited:
I'll try my German, my current teacher would be disappointed if I couldn't do this as it was in a recent exam!
--------------

Ich habe vorhin den Artikel "Ebay XXXX" gewonnen. Der Preis ist €€€€. Wie sind die Gesamtkosten mit dem Porto nach London und wie ist ihre Addresse für die Zahlung? Vielen Dank.

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

racall

--------------------

Any native Germans here want to correct it? I take my Zertificat in a few months! ARGH!
I suppose that if you use the translator, you could do it and then translate it back again to see if it come out how you first started

They should ban those online translators, before soon we'll have another World War on our hands :devil:. That automatic translation was truly appalling! :crazy:

My German is pretty rusty as I haven't used it for about a decade, but here goes:

Ich hab soeben den Artikel XXXX gewonnen auf eBay, für einen Betrag von XXX Euro. Bitte teilen Sie mir umgehend die Gesamtpreis mit, inkl. Versandkosten nach London (Gross-Britanien), und auch wie ich Sie das bezahlen kann.​

Hi there

Many thanks

I do a lot of buying on ebay.de for my motor and I think its tops! Would recommend it to anyone!

Ok, translation from native Deutsch tongue of how you would say it:

Hallo, ich habe gerade Auktion xxxxxx bei Ebay für xx Euro gewonnen. Können Sie mir bitte die Gesamtkosten inklusive Verpackung und Versand nach London mitteilen? Bitte schicken Sie mir auch Ihre Adresse, so dass ich die Zahlung anweisen kann.

Hope this helps...

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

racall

Your German teacher would be impress with this. And my German girlfriend thinks it's ok too!! ;)

--------------

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

racall

--------------------

Sehr Sehr gut Lieber Freund!

If I remember correctly verbs come at the end of the sentence, and sentence constructed; time - manner - place.

Alles guete

I found a course at Buxton University very useful !
Only 36 pounds for 7 weeks.
I think I've posted this before.:rolleyes:

AMG = AMG
c-class = C-klasse
lenkrad = steering wheel
peanuts = erdnuss

--------------

mit freundlichen Grüßen,

racall

--------------------

Sounds good to me. I would say:

Wie hoch sind die Gesamtkosten mit dem Porto nach London und wie ist ihre Addresse für die Zahlung?

Greetings

Hi there

Many thanks

Why do you want to translate your question to German? It would be bad luck if an ebay seller at ebay.de would not understand English.

Also, within EU I've always used wire transfer. Should ask bank details then.

FWIW, the plural of "Euro" is "Euro", not "Euros"

I,ve sent the translation requesting price/payment detials.
Although i dont suppose he will reply as i won it for 1 euro.
Fingers crossed

FWIW, the plural of "Euro" is "Euro", not "Euros"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro

The formal titles of the currency are "euro" for the major unit and "cent" for the minor (one hundredth) unit and for official use in most Eurozone languages, these names are invariant in the plural. These styles are often in conflict with the structures of the national languages. For English language texts, however, there is a recommendation from the Directorate-General for Translation, the EU's translation service, that the natural plurals 'euros' and 'cents' should be used in non-legal documents intended for the general public.

I thought this site was more of non-legal documents intended for the general public. Should start enhancing legal skills now if it is the opposite :eek:

I,ve sent the translation requesting price/payment detials.
Although i dont suppose he will reply as i won it for 1 euro.
Fingers crossed

What kind of an MB was it? :D

I always use babelfish for use with german ebay and have never had an issue, they seem to understand my point!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euro

The formal titles of the currency are "euro" for the major unit and "cent" for the minor (one hundredth) unit and for official use in most Eurozone languages, these names are invariant in the plural. These styles are often in conflict with the structures of the national languages. For English language texts, however, there is a recommendation from the Directorate-General for Translation, the EU's translation service, that the natural plurals 'euros' and 'cents' should be used in non-legal documents intended for the general public.

I thought this site was more of non-legal documents intended for the general public. Should start enhancing legal skills now if it is the opposite :eek:

I have no argument with that; but racall was planing to write in German, so none of the above applies. ;)

PJ

I have no argument with that; but racall was planing to write in German, so none of the above applies. ;)

PJ

Oh yes, and it was a one Euro deal, that certainly qualifies for a legal document not intended for the general public :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom