Any opinions (good or bad) on Porsche Cayennes?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Silver CL55

Car
(W216) 2008 CL 500, Tanzanite blue with tan leather. (W230) 2005 SL350, Black with sand leather
I'm off to look at a 2008 4.8S in double black tomorrow, might be a deal to be done with my '55.

I could live with the Panamera diesel??

Despite the rear end? Need to drop a few K though!

Enjoy if you buy it. Great car and quick too!

Enjoy

Great cars. Never owned, but driven a few. Came close a couple of times.

Very colour sensitive and costly to run as history is crucial.From experience bills can get massive very quickly.

Great car, service history is an absolute must as repair bills can spiral, diesels are a load of poo, come on Porsche and diesel in the same sentence, NEVER.

If you do get it hope you enjoy I drive my Pals wifes Cayenne turbo a fair bit and that is mental. If I did your sort of mileage it is the sort of vehicle I'd buy without a shadow of a doubt 4.8s is not that bad on fuel you are just in AMG territory as you would expect :thumb:

2008 will make it a gen II car, these are pretty reliable. Check the sat nav as I think the 2009 models had a touch screen unit, which I think is called PCM 3.0 and is far superior to the earlier versions. As well as touch screen it can have an iPod input and includes Bluetooth.

Cayennes are strange cars and are almost like old school Mercedes were and every thing is an option.

The options that are nice to have are:

Extended leather: Includes dash, leather steering wheel and airbag.
Multi function steering wheel
Air Suspension
Xenon headlights
Bose sound
Electric seats, a couple of options available, the better ones are multi way adjustable with memory.
Heated seats: Front only or front and rear
Heated steering wheel
Sunroof: Nice on a black with black car as it brightens up the interior. There is a panoramic available, but heard that its not great, creaks a lot, effects the stiffness and can crack.

Last edited:
Friends of ours have a Cayenne diesel and a Range Rover Sport. Much to my surprise I much preferred the Cayenne.

Maybe you could pm Jules (cyclone1) as he has recently changed his CLS55 for a cayenne turbo so may be able to offer some advice.

Great car, service history is an absolute must as repair bills can spiral, diesels are a load of poo, come on Porsche and diesel in the same sentence, NEVER.

If you do get it hope you enjoy I drive my Pals wifes Cayenne turbo a fair bit and that is mental. If I did your sort of mileage it is the sort of vehicle I'd buy without a shadow of a doubt 4.8s is not that bad on fuel you are just in AMG territory as you would expect :thumb:

...........Well there was a time when Porsche and SUV in the same sentence, was NEVER.
And the diesel (which is up to class standards btw) is much better than pricey , gimmicky Hybrid

I've only ever driven a Cayenne in Russia where I finally let go of my anti-SUV prejudice!

It was the top V8 and shocked and amused me in equal amounts! Wonderful car that I'd own in Russia in a heartbeat if I ever chose to move here. In UK, with cameras everywhere and outrageous fuel prices, I'm not so sure... :D

...........Well there was a time when Porsche and SUV in the same sentence, was NEVER.
And the diesel (which is up to class standards btw) is much better than pricey , gimmicky Hybrid

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with the diesel its a quality bit of engineering but if you were buying a porsche why the hell would you buy a diesel, the fuel of satan and an oil gulping belching clatter, beyond me :dk:

We had a Cayenne diesel for the weekend and it was a fantastic family car, and more than quick enough. I can see the appeal, as a V8 SUV uses a lot of fuel and that can really grate on some people even if they can afford it.

Buy the Turbo, it uses the same fuel as the S. Great car, my cousin has the Turbo and it's awesome.

I came frm cls55amg through e63 Amg to my cayenne turbo. It's quick big/wide and comfy, hard to lower to the level I'd like without riding on the bumpstops and throwing errors.
I get 15 mpg round town and 22 on a run. Cat bypass gives a great sound. Go and try one.

I like them.

Currently considering a Panamera as a replacement to the C63 (though the vantage S test drive the other day might change that) and think the diesel is all you would need, no matter the appeal of the GTS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom