any opinions on this car?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
a. Looks lovely.

b. The JVC CD-player under the original Becker radio is a big no no.......

c. On a serious note, its MOT history reads 'money pit'.... :( sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.

a. Looks lovely.

b. The JVC CD-player under the original Becker radio is a big no no.......

c. On a serious note, its MOT history reads 'money pit'.... :( sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.

I didn't think it looked too bad, its had things, mostly wear and tear and they've been sorted?

I didn't think it looked too bad, its had things, mostly wear and tear and they've been sorted?
That's not how I read it... but let's see what others think.

Go and see it, but take your sensible friend with you.
After a viewing and test drive I always ask myself "is there a single reason why I should not buy this?"
It takes me longer to buy a car than a house.

Would need to be a 500 for me.....

The MOT history itself would not put me off.
But..... the car has hardly been used in the last three years and my guess is that it will need some money spending on tyres, brakes and a service. I would be asking about the service history and especially the last three years - my cynical guess is that the last service was 4 years ago.
The 320 is a nice engine; not a v8 but still good. There's an oil leak on the mot history, most likely its the head gasket; maybe it has been replaced.
To me the paint does not look quite right - it may be the photos but it looks like a cheapish respray to me.
My instinct says that this car is a money pit but would need inspecting to confirm or not.
Personally I would rather buy something like this direct from a long term owner - to avoid all the guessing.

The 320 is a nice engine; not a v8 but still good. There's an oil leak on the mot history, most likely its the head gasket; maybe it has been replaced.
To me the paint does not look quite right - it may be the photos but it looks like a cheapish respray to me.
My instinct says that this car is a money pit but would need inspecting to confirm or not.
Personally I would rather buy something like this direct from a long term owner - to avoid all the guessing.
T plate should be an M112 V6?

I agree, what I would look for is a private sale from a car enthusiast/geek who has owned it a while. They are out there. Car & classic and owners club classifieds more likely to have those sort of cars than AT

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom