Any other watch fans on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've a Omega Seamaster, My dad bought it for my 18th birthday 19 years ago it's Automatic as that was my choice and it has a Blue face which at the time was a special order as only the Battery version had one.

He bought his Omega automatic in Bergen Belson Germany in 1955 when he was doing his national service hence thats what i wanted :)

My love of watches is no where near in the league of most of you here. Neither is my watch tbh.

You either like them or you don't. Some people will just wear a standard watch which "tells the time". Others will wear them as fashion items, or some of us wear them to appreciate the workmanship which goes into them.

However, in 2008 I managed to scrimp & save enough money to buy a Tag 'Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' A run of 3500 watches they made When Lewis won the DWC for McLaren.

I'm assuming most of you would not like it but to me it's my most prized possession. I wear it every day with pride.

Ant.

If it's what you like then wear it, as you say, with pride. You've worked hard for it and eventually bought it. Something you've achieved, and something to be proud of. May you wear it in good health for many years to come. :)

Just got this today in a deal with my S/S Submariner:

Still not sure about them Lee, though that could tempt me. What model number is that one? Very unfamiliar with Panerai still, need a Pepsi GMT and a JLC Reverso in my head at the moment...

Still not sure about them Lee, though that could tempt me. What model number is that one? Very unfamiliar with Panerai still, need a Pepsi GMT and a JLC Reverso in my head at the moment...
It's a quite rare Steel Panerai Luminor Power Reserve Regatta PAM 00222 1 of 500, there's only one other for sale in the UK on Chrono24 at Blowers.

Panerai are my favourite watches, I love their uncluttered design but I mostly like the fact that you have to be a 'watch' person to know them yet it'll still draw comments from 'non-watch' people (if that makes sense?).

I do love a Rolex but there's certain meetings I attend that I can't wear them to for sadly obvious reasons.

ive got a nice white swatch , i wear it daily :)

I've been looking for a daily watch recently to save my good watchs. Also like Lee commented, in some client meetings certain watches give the wrong impression.

I have been looking at a Bering watch, price point is around £300 which sits comfortable with me for a knock about.

Anyone know this make or have one to comment?

I've been looking for a daily watch recently to save my good watchs. Also like Lee commented, in some client meetings certain watches give the wrong impression.

I have been looking at a Bering watch, price point is around £300 which sits comfortable with me for a knock about.

Anyone know this make or have one to comment?

At that budget I'd seriously be looking at Victorinox, the quality per £ is quite astonishing, they do look and feel as though they're 'underpriced' for what you're paying.

I have an old seiko chronograph and casio G shock for situations when nice Swiss watches are inappropriate.

I have an old seiko chronograph and casio G shock for situations when nice Swiss watches are inappropriate.

Its an interesting issue and one that I have found spans a wide demographic. A long term client of mine refered a friend of his too me, that client fed back to me what his friend had said to him about me. It was all the nice fluffy normal stuff, but, what put him off was the fact I was driving a top of the range E class AMG mercedes.

Whilst I shouldnt have to justify anything, I went on to explain that its 11 years old and worth about 9k on a very good day. I also went on to explain my passion for cars etc...

Point is, my client had also wondered himself about the car, this he admited to me after our conversation about it. Ever since I have been very mindful of some peoples feelings, assumptions or negativity towards such things.

I still use the E class, but build in if needed to my meetings about the reality of the car and my silly passion for it. Luckily its not often needed as most clients have far nicer cars than I could ever afford.

I thought the same when selling our first house many many years ago. One of the estate agents we asked for a valuation turned up in a Porsche 911. I looked at and said to myself "I know who's paying for that".

He didn't get the contract. I know all the other agents were probably on similar money and whatever, but they had the sense not to flaunt it in front of their customers.

Wasn't Dexters was it ?

I can't remember to be honest. I think we ended up going with Redmonds, the same one through which we bought it.

One of my mates was a branch manager for them and had a 911 Turbo , must be 15 years ago now.

My Tick Tock.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:
I thought the same when selling our first house many many years ago. One of the estate agents we asked for a valuation turned up in a Porsche 911. I looked at and said to myself "I know who's paying for that".

He didn't get the contract. I know all the other agents were probably on similar money and whatever, but they had the sense not to flaunt it in front of their customers.

Assuming that your current gaff is worth a lot more than your first house, how would you feel about the agent turning up an a flash motor now?

I'd probably think he was a posing **** but if he can afford to run a nice motor he might be successful and able to punt mine on at a good price.

After all, the deal you strike is the same whichever car he drives.

LTD said:
That's the very same watch Harry has :)
Looks more like Big Ben to me...

Last edited:
SAM_0343.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
SAM_0342.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I collect pens and watches, apart from the obvious Rolex, Omega and Panerai I also collect art deco watches.
This is my latest, it was a one off solid gold pocket watch from the 30's with an Audemars Piguet movement.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom