Any other watch fans on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have an Omega electronic f 300 h2 in need of repairing
An Omega Deville and a pocket watch that is still going strong after 55 years, good old ingersol my dad bought for my 15 birthday......

Ok had a trawl through this thread but can't see what I'm looking for.

Tell me about Hublot & U-Boat watches need to go shopping this weekend :)

Sorry Ian, too big for my tastes, but I know there's a U-Boat dealer in Chester if that's any good to you? In the Grosvenor Precinct.

I have an Omega electronic f 300 h2 in need of repairing

Paul at Electric Watches is possibly one of the best in the UK with these, and has a myriad of parts and the knowledge to fit them. :)

An Omega Deville and a pocket watch that is still going strong after 55 years, good old ingersol my dad bought for my 15 birthday......

Was wearing a 1955 Seamaster the other day, still keeping excellent time and wears well, albeit a bit small by today's standards. :D

Ok had a trawl through this thread but can't see what I'm looking for.

Tell me about Hublot & U-Boat watches need to go shopping this weekend :)
U-Boat are some big old watches.

Hublot aren't really my style, my pal owns a Big Bang and it looks a little bit busy for me; I prefer the simplicity of a Panerai.

Sorry Ian, too big for my tastes, but I know there's a U-Boat dealer in Chester if that's any good to you? In the Grosvenor Precinct.

Paul at Electric Watches is possibly one of the best in the UK with these, and has a myriad of parts and the knowledge to fit them. :)

Was wearing a 1955 Seamaster the other day, still keeping excellent time and wears well, albeit a bit small by today's standards. :D

Thanks going over to Crewe this weekend so will check it out.

Need a big watch on my wrists as normal size faces look like women's. Got a Breitling chronograph I dont wear for that reason and was maybe thinkingbof part exing or selling and getting something I would wear

U-Boat are some big old watches.

Hublot aren't really my style, my pal owns a Big Bang and it looks a little bit busy for me; I prefer the simplicity of a Panerai.

That's what attracts me to them the size. Hublot I don't know much about but like the look of some of them. Looked at the airport yesterday and there were some really simple clean looking ones which impressed me.

My love of watches is no where near in the league of most of you here. Neither is my watch tbh.

However, in 2008 I managed to scrimp & save enough money to buy a Tag 'Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' A run of 3500 watches they made When Lewis won the DWC for McLaren.

I'm assuming most of you would not like it but to me it's my most prized possession. I wear it every day with pride.

Ant.

Here's it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I pledged £140 last week to a startup watch company on Kickstarter.

Jacob and Skold.

I really like the design , they hit their second stretch target , so I get a second strap of my choice.

Went for a polished steel body with a brown leather strap with a spare blue one.

Should be commencing deliveries in March , we will see.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...d-watches-timeless-swedish-design/description

Thanks for the link Daveenty will get in touch with Paul.....

Paul is not taking anymore at the moment until he has reduced his backlog, so must be very busy.....

Paul is not taking anymore at the moment until he has reduced his backlog, so must be very busy.....

Ahh, I know he's always keeping busy. A guy I use and recommend is Joe at Anglesey Watches, though I don't think he does f300s. Having said that, he's in a better position to offer advice and will probably know someone competent. :)

I pledged £140 last week to a startup watch company on Kickstarter.

Jacob and Skold.

I really like the design , they hit their second stretch target , so I get a second strap of my choice.

Went for a polished steel body with a brown leather strap with a spare blue one.

Should be commencing deliveries in March , we will see.

https://www.kickstarter.com/project...d-watches-timeless-swedish-design/description

Thanks for the link.

Interesting idea that they have, and pretty nice looking timepieces. However, there are two main things that would probably stop me from buying one - case size of 38mm is a bit small for my liking, and being battery powered - I prefer an automatic movement. If they could meet those issues, I'd be very interested.

I would prefer an automatic too , but they just couldn't do it for the money they are charging I guess. I've got lots of automatic watches , so this will be a nice change. I'm envisioning wearing it as more of an evening dress watch than an everyday piece. We'll see.

Take a look at the Reverie Sea Spirit , a gorgeous affordable automatic with a simply incredible dial. $420 and next on my hit list. It's a good size too.

Sea-Spirit - Reverie

http://www.thetimebum.com/2015/12/reverie-sea-spirit.html

Last edited:
I would prefer an automatic too , but they just couldn't do it for the money they are charging I guess. I've got lots of automatic watches , so this will be a nice change. I'm envisioning wearing it as more of an evening dress watch than an everyday piece. We'll see.

Take a look at the Reverie Sea Spirit , a gorgeous affordable automatic with a simply incredible dial. $420 and next on my hit list. It's a good size too.

Sea-Spirit - Reverie

The Time Bum: Reverie Sea-Spirit

I really like the face on that - really nice effect. $420 is also very reasonable. Is the timebum site yours?

This is my favourite: a pre-pro, pre-moon Ed White Speedy. Roughly 1965-66 I would say but I've never seen the movement to obtain the movement number.

IMG_1743.jpg

This is my watch equivalent of a R107 SL, I also have a Submariner 16610 and a GMT Ceramic plus a group of vintage Seikos.
My wife has banned me from buying anymore cars and watches :doh::doh:

Attachments

• red crop.jpg
    red crop.jpg
    184.4 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC_0056.jpg
    DSC_0056.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 25
I really like the face on that - really nice effect. $420 is also very reasonable. Is the timebum site yours?

No , nothing to do with me , just a site I found when I was looking for reviews of the Sea Spirit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom