Any other watch fans on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My wife bought me a GMT for my 50th nine years and nine months ago....

Got a '70s Breitling chrono and another quartz Breitling

Ah watches - yes ,I collect them too and often flip them as I get bored easily .

Have a few Rollies , and a couple of Breitling's .

It's a downwards spiralling slope !

That DS is a beat SPX . I've ordered a Cameron . Not sure if my girly wrist will carry it off. Saying that I recently bought the SD4000 which I have warmed to .

I currently have a Breitling Navitimer, Omega Seamaster Professional, Omega 1620 Speedmaster LCD, a range of Seiko kinetic and solar, a range of Citizen all Ecodrive and my dive watch (which I have no idea of the make, but it's lasted me a lot of years and a lot of dives).

How do you find the Navitimer?

I ask because I used to have one. Indeed it is a lovely watch but I found it as fragile as a diva's ego. It was my only watch so was worn every day, and the slightest knock would dislodge the movement from the case. I became very adept at opening it, recentering it, screwing it down yet again and closing it up. A harder whack usually meant a £400 donation to Breitling's Christmas Party Fund. It was eventually stolen from a watch workshop, I bought an Aerospace Professional and other watches for the rest of the family with the insurance payout. it's now over ten years old and looks like it was made this morning, not a mark on it. A titanium case and sapphire crystal have a lot going for them on a daily wearer.

My daily (well, only) watch, 15yrs old and costs more to service than my AMG! Thankfully only every 3yrs though :)

P9010111.jpg

I'm not sure I "collect" in the tradition sense, my gathering is purely based on those that I find pleasing (and that will fit large wrists)

Breitling Chrono Avenger Titanium
IMG_20150825_112705_zpscjuchxqj.jpg

Chronomatic Limited Edition
CHRONO-MATIC%2024H.jpg

Traser H3 Chrono Pro PVD
329842d1321864583-traser-h3-classic-chronograph-big-date-pro-blue-img_2443.jpg

Tag Carrera
2-038-04-0174.jpg

1st release Seiko Kinetic (can't find a picture I'm afraid)

Also have a Cartier Panther and a Raymond Weil that Lucy wears, inherited from my grandmother.

Although I've had the Tag for a while I've not really bonded with it like I have the others, so thinking I will move it on soon and get one of these:

Breitling for Bentley Supersports Light Body.
Breitling_For_Bentley__Bentley_Super_sports_E2736522BC63_Ace_jewelers.jpg

I would like an Aerospace in 18K with an 18K professional bracelet if anyone comes across one, they are few and far between. Model K75362 specifically.

I can enquire with my usual contacts. New/unworn/used?

I have a few:

Breitling Superocean Heritage.
Rolex 1958 Gold Oyster Perpetual.
Tissot Visiodate, black dial on Milanaise mesh strap.
Rather unfashionable Armani square dial.
Plus several cheap Japanese divers, Seiko and Orient.

Often feel the urge to get onto Creation's website and buy a cheap Seiko.

Bit a bit of a Rolexaholic, and have:
Rolex Explorer 1
Rolex Submariner date S/S
Rolex Submariner date (Hulk)
Rolex Sea Dweller S/S
Rolex Daytona S/S White face

Also have a Breiltling Navitimer 50th Anniversary which will be going up for sale soon to make way for a Rolex GMT II. Am on the hunt for a nice dress watch, either a Rolex Cellini, AP or a PP. if any of you have one of these for sale, please feel free to PM me with details.

I can enquire with my usual contacts. New/unworn/used?

They only made a few in the early 2000's most will be on a leather strap at circa £4K. I'd be happy to find one of those and I'll buy the gold bracelet separately.

Must be the 75362 though that's the particular model I'm after.

I must admit I do love a nice watch.

I bought my first Tag last year (an F1) and subsequently bought a used Tag Links and an Aquaracer a few months back. Very pleased with them so far...

Tag%201_zps7qsad0vp.jpg

The irony is though, that I've got quite into some of the Seikos and bought a couple of automatic divers and love them just as much. My SKX007 gets worn the most out of all my watches...

Seiko_zps2ixbk5fl.jpg

Not sure what watches I'd buy next as quite satisfied with my collection at the moment but I'd like to aim for a Rolex in years to come.

1998 Seamaster midsize - my only watch, though I crave others in the same way I crave a R129 SL.

Every time it seems affordable, life has a habit of getting in the way

Attachments

• image-450391977.jpg
    image-450391977.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 37
I love a kettle... had to sell my collection due to building an extension on my house. That the beauty of them, you can always get good money for them anywhere in the world.

The irony is though, that I've got quite into some of the Seikos and bought a couple of automatic divers and love them just as much. My SKX007 gets worn the most out of all my watches...
Seiko_zps2ixbk5fl.jpg

Not sure what watches I'd buy next as quite satisfied with my collection at the moment but I'd like to aim for a Rolex in years to come.

Agree with you on the Seiko, my SKX009 gets worn daily as well, identical to your 007 but with a Pepsi bezel.
I didn't wear it at all for ages as the Jubilee strap was a bit short so I bought a couple of extra links and all is well.
Hard wearing watches.

My latest acquisition - Omega Flightmaster from 1971.
The epitome of seventies watch coolness;

P8080208.jpg

Agree with you on the Seiko, my SKX009 gets worn daily as well, identical to your 007 but with a Pepsi bezel.
I didn't wear it at all for ages as the Jubilee strap was a bit short so I bought a couple of extra links and all is well.
Hard wearing watches.

That'll probably be my next watch purchase as the 007 is awesome.

I do have another Seiko in those colours but can't recall the model number. Got it from Creation Watches based in Singapore. They do a lot of JDM Seiko models too. :thumb:

Great idea for a post. I'm in. The Platinum Daytona has to be felt and seen on your wrist before you can appreciate how special it is. I put one in for my wife bottom left. I don't know why but the picture is showing up the wrong way round

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Hi,
I only have two watches, a cheap Chrono Citizen Eco-Drive, and I recently bought my first decent watch a Tag Heuer, Formula One, Chrono, apparently with a special stainless and ceramic strap.

Hard wearing watches.

My 1980 Seiko Divers is my most worn watch. Practically every day.
Here's my classic 1981 Dukes watch with the Dixie tune alarm. Owned since 1981:

I very much get the watch collecting. I only have a tag carerra and a mont blanc fly back.

Would like to get some more in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom