Any other watch fans on here?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
That DS is a beat SPX . I've ordered a Cameron . Not sure if my girly wrist will carry it off. Saying that I recently bought the SD4000 which I have warmed to .

It's a heavy watch, I'm actually more of a Panerai man and the DS is very much of that ilk.

How do you find the Navitimer?

I ask because I used to have one. Indeed it is a lovely watch but I found it as fragile as a diva's ego. It was my only watch so was worn every day, and the slightest knock would dislodge the movement from the case. I became very adept at opening it, recentering it, screwing it down yet again and closing it up. A harder whack usually meant a £400 donation to Breitling's Christmas Party Fund. It was eventually stolen from a watch workshop, I bought an Aerospace Professional and other watches for the rest of the family with the insurance payout. it's now over ten years old and looks like it was made this morning, not a mark on it. A titanium case and sapphire crystal have a lot going for them on a daily wearer.
Not had any issues with it, and I wear it regularly as a 'day' watch. I will keep an eye out for it tho.

My only issue was when I wanted to change the leather strap to a bracelet, Breitling want 1800 quid for a strap??

Here`a another interesting one - Vulcain Nautical Seventies reissue.
Quirky - large acrylic crystal, rotating inner bezel, decompression tables on dial and alarm!

Retro-cool;

P2120020.jpg

Love the Vulcain. Been after a cricket for years but still not found the right one for me.

Yet. :D

I had a Speedmaster Schumacher like Howard's, first time I have seen one on a leather strap though. It is the nicest of the many Schumacher editions IMHO.

It is a slippery slope...

Tag Kirium (bit chav but I do honestly love the design)
Heuer Monza
Omega Speedmaster with panda dial
Panerai Luminor Marina
Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Speed Black
Patek Philippe Calatrava

Been looking for a Red Submariner too but I need to stop.

Simon_M said:
I had a Speedmaster Schumacher like Howard's, first time I have seen one on a leather strap though. It is the nicest of the many Schumacher editions IMHO. It is a slippery slope... Tag Kirium (bit chav but I do honestly love the design) Heuer Monza Omega Speedmaster with panda dial Panerai Luminor Marina Chopard Mille Miglia GMT Speed Black Patek Philippe Calatrava Been looking for a Red Submariner too but I need to stop.

You could sell the lot and purchase a decent car?

:0)

Agree with you on the Seiko, my SKX009 gets worn daily as well, identical to your 007 but with a Pepsi bezel.
I didn't wear it at all for ages as the Jubilee strap was a bit short so I bought a couple of extra links and all is well.
Hard wearing watches.

My daily seiko 1980 7002 700a.

This makes me irresistible to either sex and sheep.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

Last edited:
Simon_M said:
Looks like Bruce is Kent's answer to Flava Flav!

Yeeeeeaaahhhh BOYEEEEE !

Lol

My GMT Master II which i've had for about 10 years.

IMG_0705_zps5ggx56ue.jpg

I have a Dandilion watch it tells time quite good , but its no good in the winter months.Nice watches lads but as you get to 70 you dont want to know the time any more. I have a old watch it was a gift from my wife years back now.The make is a Swiss Emperor chrono ,dont think it will fit in with the nice ones posted up so far but i can post a picture if need be. Nice to see so may good time pieces. .

Just got this today in a deal with my S/S Submariner:

My love of watches is no where near in the league of most of you here. Neither is my watch tbh.

However, in 2008 I managed to scrimp & save enough money to buy a Tag 'Vodafone McLaren Mercedes' A run of 3500 watches they made When Lewis won the DWC for McLaren.

I'm assuming most of you would not like it but to me it's my most prized possession. I wear it every day with pride.

Ant.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom