Any others watching 'A night of Heros?'

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Awesome.

These Guys and Girls are amazing. So you think you have had a bad day or something to moan about....

not a chance

Really great program. Makes you proud to be British.

I find it difficult to watch, this stuff makes me quite emotional for some reason. I often wonder how I would react if faced with the same situations.

But I agree, it does make you proud, then you read the other thread going on here about the lad being ejected from the train and the big guy being charged.

It makes you wonder what sort of society these brave soldiers are risking their lives for.

Some awful B and C list so called celebs there handing over awards.

Watched it right through with SWMBO and not a dry eye in our house.

I left the Army before the Iraq/Afgan etc stuff kicked off. I can't help but think that if I had still been in, I don't know how much use I'd have been - no amount of training can prepare you for some of the things these guys have to go through, I'm proud of them all.

I agree about the B and C list celebs as mentioned previously. I commented about the standard of presenters to my wife however, although not my cup of tea, they may be popular with the young guys and gals who won the awards.

I thought that the young Irish private who took the trouble to learn the Afgan language, got the confidence of the Afgan men in the village then started up a school previously destroyed by the Taliban, deserved the accolade. Great humanity and very humbling.

They could have been A list or Z list the night was for the Heros not the celebs.

We had quite a bit of dust floating about in the room that somehow seemed to get into the eyes a bit while the program was on. I agree re the "celebs".

Forgive me for posting the link to my old Regiment's Operational Casualties Fund, Household Cavalry Operational Casualties Fund

It came over on the program, we thought, that at least the "unsung ones" were getting some public recognition. We, the public, normally just hear of our own Force's Deaths (quite rightly)

This link offers news "behind the scenes" : BritishForcesNews's Channel - YouTube

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom