Any pics of 2009 cdi250 estate with tinted back half

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Aido, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Aido

Aido Member

Car:
    C250 cdi amg sport estate
    In not sure if this is right section , looking for pictures of any of the above with the back half tinted? I have a new born and looking to maybe tint back half so sun ( on rare occasion it's out) doesn't blind her! But don't want to do so if doesn't look good,

Cheers guys great site!

2. kingdave

kingdave Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1984 R107 280SL, 2004 S211 E320, 2010 W169 A160 CDi a'gard
    In our a-class and e-class estate we've put in some of these tailored blinds to stop the sun bothering the kids.
    You can remove them very easily and quickly when you don't want them in.
    Leave them in on a really hot day and open the window so you still get the sun protection and breeze at the same time.

I've no connection with the company, but I did contact the manufacturer when I couldn't find any to fit my e-class, they kindly offered me a free set of blinds in return for having the car for a day to measure so they could add the pattern to their list.

This is the manufacturers website.
    Car Shades Ltd - Privacy Shades

They look great, just like tints when in place from the outside - but you can decide every journey whether or not you want them in.

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    Aido

Aido Member

Car:
    Thanks king Dave have you any pics on your car ? Will have a look at website

4. kingdave

kingdave Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    1984 R107 280SL, 2004 S211 E320, 2010 W169 A160 CDi a'gard
    For the outside... here are some photos I have handy, used for insurance in 2013.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Below is a reproduction of a post I made on another forum in 2012 which shows the inside.

1 person likes this.
  5. Jobbo

Jobbo New Member

Car:
    C350 CDI
    It's a 2010 C350 but I don't think that'll make any difference to the side view (other than the Blueefficiency badge...):

[​IMG]

These are the factory tints, and they really work well to keep the interior a bit cooler in the sun; on a black car with black leather parked outside my south facing office, it's still tolerable to get in at the end of the day.

One caveat though; I parked next to a virtually identical car a while ago which had aftermarket film tints. The heated rear window showed up really clearly against the film, and I doubt you can prevent that happening no matter how cleverly or well it is applied.

Actually here's another shot which shows how dark the factory tints are quite clearly:
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  6. OP
    OP
    Aido

Aido Member

Car:
    Cheers jobbo nice motor ! Looks good in the black ,and cheers king dace the blinds look just like tint ! decisions decisions !