Any pics of 2009 cdi250 estate with tinted back half

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Aido

Car
C250 cdi amg sport estate
In not sure if this is right section , looking for pictures of any of the above with the back half tinted? I have a new born and looking to maybe tint back half so sun ( on rare occasion it's out) doesn't blind her! But don't want to do so if doesn't look good,

Cheers guys great site!

In our a-class and e-class estate we've put in some of these tailored blinds to stop the sun bothering the kids.
You can remove them very easily and quickly when you don't want them in.
Leave them in on a really hot day and open the window so you still get the sun protection and breeze at the same time.

I've no connection with the company, but I did contact the manufacturer when I couldn't find any to fit my e-class, they kindly offered me a free set of blinds in return for having the car for a day to measure so they could add the pattern to their list.

This is the manufacturers website.
Car Shades Ltd - Privacy Shades

They look great, just like tints when in place from the outside - but you can decide every journey whether or not you want them in.

Thanks king Dave have you any pics on your car ? Will have a look at website

For the outside... here are some photos I have handy, used for insurance in 2013.

Below is a reproduction of a post I made on another forum in 2012 which shows the inside.
KingDave said:
Here are the photos:

From the outside they just look like tints, you can't really see in.

The rear-window blind is formed of two pieces, the guys at the factory told me this is because the size of the span is too far and they see too much sagging when they do it in one piece. I don't notice the join in my rear view - you get used to it very quickly.

rearWindow.jpg

The large window at the side of the boot is pictured below:
loadareaSide.jpg

And now the rear door:
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/kingdave-/sideWindow.jpg

There are no fixings to add to the car, all the blinds fix in using metal tabs attached to the blinds themselves which slot behind the rubber, I un clipped one so you can see it:
[IMG]http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s519/kingdave-/clipCloseup.jpg

I'm really pleased with them, just as I have been with the ones I got for our a-class, I leave them in all year round and the kids never get the sun too badly, I don't have to have those sucker ones which never seem to quite cover the bit of the window the sun is shining on and fall off all the time. You can also lower the windows with the blinds still in place so you have ventilation and sun protection at the same time which neither tints nor stick on blinds can do. They can be removed in seconds leaving no trace if required and come with a storage bag.

I guess this comes across like an advert, but I have no connection with the company, just a satisfied customer.
There are quite a few stockists.

In the interests of balance, the guys at the factory did tell me they do have a competitor based in Germany called Sunny Boy - I haven't seen their product but I was assured that it is inferior
( they use 'memory wire' which allows a 1 piece tailgate section, but worse fit)

It's a 2010 C350 but I don't think that'll make any difference to the side view (other than the Blueefficiency badge...):

D07BC66B-08E8-4ABA-9855-3BDB75F19D34-5034-000002635686B03B_zpsc4e71bef.jpg

These are the factory tints, and they really work well to keep the interior a bit cooler in the sun; on a black car with black leather parked outside my south facing office, it's still tolerable to get in at the end of the day.

One caveat though; I parked next to a virtually identical car a while ago which had aftermarket film tints. The heated rear window showed up really clearly against the film, and I doubt you can prevent that happening no matter how cleverly or well it is applied.

Actually here's another shot which shows how dark the factory tints are quite clearly:
E415F2FE-792A-4B42-9175-A5B6BACC4224-4363-000001E606638A04_zps51aedc19.jpg

Cheers jobbo nice motor ! Looks good in the black ,and cheers king dace the blinds look just like tint ! decisions decisions !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom