any plumbers out there?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scruffy

Car
W209 CLK 320
any plumbing/heating engineers in merc land, need some advice on filling a primatic cylinder.

thanks

yes one here,

Feel free to ask questions

have lost my air bubble after a drain and re-fill and now have contaminated hot water. Drained the full system through the CH drain but didn't fully empty the cylinder through its drain off.

Gonna try draining down again (do I have to drain the whole system or just below cylinder level). Any advice on refilling greatly appreciated, have a gate valve from cold water tank to cylinder so thought I'd close it off a bit so it filled more slowly.

Am switching to a combi next year anyway so am trying to avoid changing the cylinder and putting in a seperate F & E etc.

thanks a lot

Cant help you with your specific problem but having remodlled my house last year. I Hope a Combi's what you want, capacity wise, they are still stretched.

considered a BIG combi at the time now have a mains pressure HWC & Vaillent boiler mega showers & baths for all the family now

Other HWC might be Megaflow

Vaillent and Viesseman are quality boiler makers :bannana:

If Space is a real constraint you can get Combi's with a modest hot water tank "built in"

Steve

Last edited:
will probably go a similar route as the house is a bit of a lump so a combi may struggle, waiting on planners to ok an extension before finally deciding, thanks anyway

No nothing about primatic cylinders. Im over in Dublin and in 20 years plumbing ive never seen one.

However im not a fan of Combi boilers, if you can avoid them, do. They are extremely troublesome and expensive to repair. Have a look here link for a balanced view of combis.

If you have the space go for an unvented cylinder and traditional wall hung boiler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom