Any problems with the engine, from pictures

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

drmacf

Car
kompressor C class
Dear Folks,

Hope all is well. My car is a 2008 Mercedes, CK 180 Kompressor

The car's MOT and B services are due shortly. Unlike the last time, when they picked up a rotting subframe, this time I hope there won't be any surprises.
I had to replace or re-do the whole undercarriage at a cost of around 4500 quid.

Please see some of the pictures enclosed within, of the front engine. Could anyone spot anything wrong in them, that may need repairs?
Any advice would be much appreciated. I have an industrial endoscope, which can take pics of the insides if it makes a difference.
Kind Regards

Mel

Attachments

• IMG_2614.JPG
    IMG_2614.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2620.JPG
    IMG_2620.JPG
    261.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2633.JPG
    IMG_2633.JPG
    263.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_2661.JPG
    IMG_2661.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 15
There is nothing relating to either a service or an MOT that can be ascertained from photos of the outside of the top of an engine bay.....except perhaps if it were to be covered in oil or fuel - but then you would notice something odd with the running of the car. Given that you had most of the suspension renewed last year and the corrosion sorted out, then if the car is running well, sounds OK, no clunks or bangs then there is a fair chance that your bill will be limited to the cost of a service and a MOT. I hope for your sake it is, then you can start to recoup some of the value in last years outlay.

There is nothing relating to either a service or an MOT that can be ascertained from photos of the outside of the top of an engine bay.....except perhaps if it were to be covered in oil or fuel - but then you would notice something odd with the running of the car. Given that you had most of the suspension renewed last year and the corrosion sorted out, then if the car is running well, sounds OK, no clunks or bangs then there is a fair chance that your bill will be limited to the cost of a service and a MOT. I hope for your sake it is, then you can start to recoup some of the value in last years outlay.
Thanks Smiley, fingers crossed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom