Any reason can’t use this oil in 2015 cls 220 bluetec

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mercmancdi

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes E320 cdi sport ,vw Tiguan R line , M B cls , bmw convertible
Does not name M B have 8 ltrs sitting / would be ok in 2015 cls 2,2 bluetec stop / start. Or should I say would it do any harm , I change around every 7-8000 mls
87436AAB-DA84-4418-AF10-CC97A10285CD.jpegA9F0541C-7019-40ED-B5A1-D6E39A331643.jpeg

It probably won’t be the cause of a blown engine over the next 7-800 miles.

If your car has a DPF, and the oil isn't low-ash, then your DPF could get clogged. Use the right oil for your engine - one that meets MB229.51 or MB229.52.

As above has to be a low saps C3 oil for being kind to the dpf .

Of course there are other C3 car manufacturer oil specs that are both higher anti wear and even kinder to the dpf...

Thanks guys ,
Kinda thought that it might not do it was for the jaguar , though just checked and will do Ford 1.5 tdci that’s here.

Forget that available mainland only .

Shell Helix 5W-30 Ultra ECT C3 - 5Ltr. £84 for 10 ltrs in E C P.
This ok for start / Stop.
Would have liked something bit cheaper and change more often.

This is what you need £72 for 20 litres

Would suit me find geoffus but won’t send to n . Ireland. Everything here is a disaster to get most have stopped sending here cause of that dam border in Irish Sea. And every thing is up in price. Even running out of chicken in the supermarkets
Half the shelves only 3/4 full .
but don’t want to start on that so rant over. Looks like going to have to buy local and pay over the odds.

Is this crap stuff or is oil a bit of a take on like most things nowadays.
2275CFDF-8698-4A59-B390-6B3BC23122A2.jpeg7B727B32-B930-4D9C-AF69-4718643EF149.jpeg

The oil and fuel industry is standardised .

I've been putting this oil blender's VW spec ( higher than MB ) supermarket product in a high mileage vulnerable VAG PD engine for nearly 9 years .

Same oil blender also responsible for Tesco , Sainsbury's , G Force , Euro Car Parts Triple QX , Carlube and Carlube Triple R.

Also quite a few automotive products and fluids .

The PD camshaft is vulnerable because the camshaft has narrow lobes due to space being taken up so these lobes experience high loadings against their flat bucket tappets , first wearing the lobe profile then ultimately putting a hole in the tappet .

Here is what the world's biggest engine oil analysis company says...

"world's biggest"....? How did you work that one out, if I may ask?
The world's biggest and best oil forum members have their tests done there .
OK, but what makes you say that Blackstone Labs are "the world's biggest engine oil analysis company"? Just wondering what figures (if any) this statement is based on.

The oil and fuel industry is standardised .

I've been putting this oil blender's VW spec ( higher than MB ) supermarket product in a high mileage vulnerable VAG PD engine for nearly 9 years .

Same oil blender also responsible for Tesco , Sainsbury's , G Force , Euro Car Parts Triple QX , Carlube and Carlube Triple R.

Also quite a few automotive products and fluids .

The PD camshaft is vulnerable because the camshaft has narrow lobes due to space being taken up so these lobes experience high loadings against their flat bucket tappets , first wearing the lobe profile then ultimately putting a hole in the tappet .

Well bought 8 ltrs can’t see how you can go wrong , I will change it in around 7000 mls , only £40 and seems to meet the spec I need , don’t think e c p was much of a deal with after discount as at £84 for there cheapest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom