Any reason not to buy a W205 C63?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Buffy d

Car
2009 Supercharged E92 M3, 1998 BMW E39 540i
In short, there's nothing else I want, I want one badly, I have wanted one badly for a long time, so is there any reason I shouldn't?

The only other cars on my 'want' list (996 Turbo, SL55, R33 GT-R) are not in any way viable as everyday cars and are arguably significantly more expensive to look after.

The C63 appears to offer everything I want in one package, and it appears to be incredibly reliable. I have scoured the internet, and it seems that, even after 7 years, there are no major, serious issues to be aware of on the W205.

I just can't see a logical reason that's stopping me from treating myself and buying something I really want and which I can see myself owning for a long time…

If you can live with it's looks and the bling interior go for it.

Main reason that put me off was lack of AWD, and up here the roads are greasy/wet/covered in snow more than six months of the year and I've seen how other RWD cars suffer.

In short, there's nothing else I want, I want one badly, I have wanted one badly for a long time, so is there any reason I shouldn't?

The only other cars on my 'want' list (996 Turbo, SL55, R33 GT-R) are not in any way viable as everyday cars and are arguably significantly more expensive to look after.

The C63 appears to offer everything I want in one package, and it appears to be incredibly reliable. I have scoured the internet, and it seems that, even after 7 years, there are no major, serious issues to be aware of on the W205.

I just can't see a logical reason that's stopping me from treating myself and buying something I really want and which I can see myself owning for a long time…
Hello Elizabeth, haven’t seen you around a while. I’m on my second W205 C63 estate. Both have been non S model, but you are probably looking at the S I’d have thought ;)
No big dramas with them really. The S gets an electronic diff instead of a normal drexler, slightly larger brakes and sportier seats. The seats are a thing of debate. I find the sports ones a little too firm, but I’m an old git. Oh, and make sure you get the switchable exhaust. Gotta have that :)

Like you I wanted a W205 C63 for a long time (also wanted an SL55 and happen to still want a current model GTR! - may need to scratch that itch at some point). I was originally offered a clean 2011 W204 by a friend of a friend, but it just didn't do it for me - too dated for my liking. Managed to snag myself my current C63S in July 2020 and never looked back.

I'm am being overtly biased here but I would just say, buy one - don't hesitate though, these cars won't be viable forever given that our 'government' is hell bent on outlawing anything with an exhaust pipe.

You will get differing opinions on here (which is a good thing of course), but it sounds like you have made your mind up already.

Hello Elizabeth, haven’t seen you around a while. I’m on my second W205 C63 estate. Both have been non S model, but you are probably looking at the S I’d have thought ;)
No big dramas with them really. The S gets an electronic diff instead of a normal drexler, slightly larger brakes and sportier seats. The seats are a thing of debate. I find the sports ones a little too firm, but I’m an old git. Oh, and make sure you get the switchable exhaust. Gotta have that :)

Actually, I'm after a non-S :) It's going to be sort of an everyday car for me, so the sport bucket seats would be a bit much for me, cool as they look, I don't need the larger brakes, and I've heard horror stories of £8k repairs on the e-diff, so tbh the regular version will be more than enough for me :) And 100% agree about the sports exhaust, it's on my list of must-have options :D

Like you I wanted a W205 C63 for a long time (also wanted an SL55 and happen to still want a current model GTR! - may need to scratch that itch at some point). I was originally offered a clean 2011 W204 by a friend of a friend, but it just didn't do it for me - too dated for my liking. Managed to snag myself my current C63S in July 2020 and never looked back.

I'm am being overtly biased here but I would just say, buy one - don't hesitate though, these cars won't be viable forever given that our 'government' is hell bent on outlawing anything with an exhaust pipe.

You will get differing opinions on here (which is a good thing of course), but it sounds like you have made your mind up already.

That sounds like a glowing endorsement :)

Actually, I'm after a non-S :) It's going to be sort of an everyday car for me, so the sport bucket seats would be a bit much for me, cool as they look, I don't need the larger brakes, and I've heard horror stories of £8k repairs on the e-diff, so tbh the regular version will be more than enough for me :) And 100% agree about the sports exhaust, it's on my list of must-have options :D
Mine is our only car and daily driver by default.

The sports seats are love/hate for some people but, I think they make the car look more dramatic, even more so when they're in bi-colour leather. They're also super comfortable when adjusted correctly, but again you'd need to try them for yourself to be sure.

Just go for it you wont regret it
I've also got the non s with the performance exhaust 😀

That sounds like a glowing endorsement :)
You are welcome to come and have a go in mine if you fancy a run out :)

You are welcome to come and have a go in mine if you fancy a run out :)
You know, I would actually really appreciate that - I've never even sat in one, so that would be really nice without wasting the time of someone who's selling a car I don't actually want to buy, and really useful before spending over £30k!

I love mine. Fantastic car. My W204 C63 was also great, but W205 is even better in most ways.

I had a non S as a courtesy car for a few months before mine arrived. The seats are quite different so go for what you prefer. Not much else to add. These are brilliant cars and excellent value.

I love my W205 C63

Plenty of power, grips well if you upgrade the rubber to PS4S

Mrs finds the car easy to drive too

All round for the £££££ a good package

The only mod I have is valve simulators (keeps the exhaust flaps open 😁)

+1 for the above 😀

I have to agree about the PS4SS. Traction on mine is astonishing, given the power and RWD. Not a tail wag monster out of junctions at all. Coupe/Cabrio set up with wider track probably helps a bit, but these are brilliantly engineered cars.

I have to agree about the PS4SS. Traction on mine is astonishing, given the power and RWD. Not a tail wag monster out of junctions at all. Coupe/Cabrio set up with wider track probably helps a bit, but these are brilliantly engineered cars.
I should have gone one size over stock too but didn’t do enough research, but stock for stock sizes the PS4S have been a massive upgrade

I should have gone one size over stock too but didn’t do enough research, but stock for stock sizes the PS4S have been a massive upgrade
Absolutely. My Brabus 600 cabrio has better traction with (stock size) PS4SS (20s) than my courtesy car non S saloon which has quite a lot less torque, wearing PSSs (18s). Dealer couldn’t believe I wanted to PEX the PSSs mine came on before I had turned a wheel, but easiest decision anyone made.

Absolutely. My Brabus 600 cabrio has better traction with (stock size) PS4SS (20s) than my courtesy car non S saloon which has quite a lot less torque, wearing PSSs (18s). Dealer couldn’t believe I wanted to PEX the PSSs mine came on before I had turned a wheel, but easiest decision anyone made.
No comparison I came from PSS too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom