Any recommendations for a 20-60 zoom Spotting Scope?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It would be helpful to know your use case for a spotting scope.

In any event, look no further than Leica if you want to make a purchase just once in your lifetime. :)

Leica 25 ~ 50x spotting scope

It would be helpful to know your use case for a spotting scope.Leica 25 ~ 50x spotting scope

Not for hunting as such, it's for 600yd target shooting at Bisley. I have standard Pentax binoculars at the moment and am looking for something more professional. For the uninitiated, this is obviously not gun-mount, but free-standing on a pod. Wide angel is not really an issue.

Not for hunting as such, it's for 600yd target shooting at Bisley. I have standard Pentax binoculars at the moment and am looking for something more professional. For the uninitiated, this is obviously not gun-mount, but free-standing on a pod. Wide angel is not really an issue.

OK. Thanks for this information.

A range of suitable spotting scopes can be found here and they will all do the job of bringing the 600 yard target into view. Optical quality will be variable and it is very much the case that you will get what you pay for. You should be safe enough with anything marked 'Bushnell', Kowa, Nikon or RSPB. You may also like the look and feel of these BSA scopes, which I believe are now manufactured in the USA. I am not certain but I don't think that the once famous Birmingham Small Arms company are still trading in the UK.

Your decision will be affected by your budget, whether you want to include features like anti-fogging technologies (Nitrogen), armour or waterproofing and how much shooting you do. Optical quality is unlikely to be a major issue for a casual shooter but if you shoot regularly and don't want the scope to be intrusive in use and thereby impinge on your shooting skill, then a higher quality scope is essential.

Good luck! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom