Any recommendations for account/taxation software for SOHO

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grasmere

Car
MB C220 D 1996
Any recommendations for account/taxation software for SOHO guys.

I tried MS Money/and Quicken a few years ago but it seemed to be overcomplicated . . . any recommendations today please?

I use TAS Books, but I haven't upgraded it for a couple of years, hence it's looking a bit out-dated. Sage now own them and still sell the range.

I use MS Money for my home accounts, but don't accept that it's powerful enough for even small company accounts.

I used QuickBooks about 8 years ago and thought it was a good package, but the obvious US origins grated somewhat. That seems to have all changed now. I looked at replacing TAS Books a couple of months ago and QuickBooks looked the winner. That will be the one I go for ....

or, maybe :D ...

Microsoft are bringing out a small business accounts package "real soon now" that should be interesting.

Small business Quickbooks, house accounts MS Money or Quicken. Used Q in it's various forms since it came out. Excellent product. BTW Quicken is about the simplest package there is.

We use Sage instant accounts, works fine but there is no scope for stock control, although if you need to operate the two user version, I think stock control is included. When we bought ours it cost around £100 with free support for a year from Sage. They will help with invoice and statement layout, and any other problems you may encounter. They also do a wages package that will add onto your accounts package so you can build the system up as the company grows. We never bothered with that, our accountant does our wage slips, P60's etc etc.

thanks guys, appreciate the info. I'm self employed and work directly from home so nothing too complicated. Money and quicken look favourites at the moment, with the tax element too

"Important notice for Quicken Users:
Intuit UK has made a difficult business decision to discontinue future development of Quicken products for the UK market. To help customers affected by this decision, we will continue providing access to Quicken customer support and online services through to the end of January 2006."

Well spotted and thanks - hmmm makes it easier for MS Money etc I guess . . .

Mind Your Own Business !

www.myob.co.uk

Program is well liked in our office.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom