Any recommendations for reselling a Mercedes roofbox?

Discussion in 'Parts, Maintenance & Servicing' started by adriansinherts, Oct 8, 2018.

1. adriansinherts

adriansinherts New Member

Car:
    I recently sold a coupe and forgot I had the (Official MB) roofbox in the garage. Can anyone recommend how I go about selling it? (And how I may get a key for the darn thing because I’ve misplaced it!)
    THanks

2. Will

Will MB Club Veteran

Car:
    S212 E63 AMG / S211 E55K AMG / 190E 2.3-16 / 190E 2.5-16 / Porsche 911
    eBay is surely the obvious choice, but could be worth a friendly PM to one of the admin team to see if they’d let you put an advert on here.

Key wise there should be a code/number on the lock if you look closely? Then have a look on eBay to see if there’s a company that will make you up a new key.

You could try your local dealer but unsure if they do spare keys for stuff like this.

I know MB roof bars appear to be rebranded Thule items, the roof boxes might be also so perhaps there’s a chance you could order a spare key from a Thule agent.

Any pics of the roof box? What size/model is it you have? :thumb:

WOODYTHEWISE likes this.
  3. Salal

Salal Member

Car:
    W211 E320cdi Estate, W210 E200K, W203 C220, W202 & Smart W451
    eBay would definitely be the best place which would give you a much greater audience and make it easier/quicker to sell as well.