Any recommendations to reduce brake dust?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yes thank you EBC black, and never again on a road car. they are too hard just go for the EBC green or red, MB dealer made no comment when in for service with them

The black ones are the OEM standard replcements. They go Black, green, red, yellow, blue.

For road use I can't see anyone needs anything more sporty than Greenstuff.

http://www.ebcbrakes.com/Automotive.html

The thing I cant understand is why Mercedes don't use a compound similar to EBC Green and hence reduce the dust ?

I am sure there must be a reason for this as all Mercs including the brand new ones suffer from the same brake dust issue.

The thing I cant understand is why Mercedes don't use a compound similar to EBC Green and hence reduce the dust ?

I am sure there must be a reason for this as all Mercs including the brand new ones suffer from the same brake dust issue.

But this is not an MB issue only,all cars get dirty wheels,some BMW's look terrible

Cost is probably the issue, the standard pads are the cheapest allowable pads with same rating as EBC black pads.

Dust comes from pads grinding on the disc, so i suggest you take out all the pads, and fit drum brakes all round instead.
While you are at it, use leaf springs as well. helps with drum braking.

Reviving an old thread rather than start anew.

I'm assuming that cleaning and sealing alloys and using EBC green is the best way forward and that dust shields are still considered a no no.

dust shields will not allow your brake discs to cool as quickly so would say not to use them.

I would say go for EBC Greenstuff, i have them fitted on my C200K best pads ever brought plus wheels look great, and only require a really good shampoo once a month. I have EBC red on C55 (well on the rear - Olly yet to do the front) great pad, and greatly reduces the dreaded brake dust.

Paint your wheels black, it wont show then.

I've just bought a set of MB alloys more suited to the car and am having them refurbished and intend to use a polymer wax on them to make them easier to clean so painting is not an option.

Anyone want a set of 4 ugly alloys?

Put them on Ebay , some nutter will buy them .... :crazy:

Olly is going to fit EBC Red on the C43, it will be interesting to see the difference.

My car insurance (Esure) told me that if I modify my brakes in any way from the manufacturer set up, including fitting EBC green pads, ( I did ask) my insurance would be void.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom