Any Rocket scientists? Cabin active carbon filters

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

noogieman

MB Enthusiast
Car
I Loewe Old Skool AMG
I used to buy cabin activated carbon filters from ECP coz they used to be cheap.
ECP being a UK company selling parts for righty hand cars and my car being a lefty.

Buying cabin filters with active carbon from UK then install this filter in my lefty hand car.
I assume this UK filter when fitted on a lefty hand car comes the opposite way where the active carbon filtration is fitted in the wrong direction and the other side of the filter cleans the air the opposite way?
Am I correct about this?

Checking this cabin filter, shows it's lighter grey on one side and a bit darker grey on the other side.

Innenraumfilter Mikrofilter Pollenfilter Aktivkohle Mercedes E-Klasse W202, W210 | eBay

Is this correct?
Active carbon filtering is placed on one side and standard air filtering is on the other side of the cabin filter?
Using a cabin filter made for a UK right hand car filters in the wrong direction on a lefty hand car?

The direction will still be the same vis-a-vis airflow direction through the filter. Whether or not that's different in terms of orientation in the blower housing will depend on the application, but it's just as likely as not the HVAC system is the same regardless of which side the wheel is on.

just wanna be sure if I should continue buying filters from ECP for a cheap price or from now on buy the correct filters from Germanija?

if filtering directions from UK filters is correct then buying from UK is no biggie.

The filter would be the same regardless of which side the steering wheel is on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom