Any Rolls Royce or Bentley experts on this forum?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alabbasi

MB Enthusiast
I know that this is an MB forum but I feel that a technical question is better suited here than on the RR forum which I belong to so bear with me.

I picked up a 2003 Arnage T at auction in Californiway that was said to run and drive. Driver indicated that the car would not start when he picked it up and the auction forked into the trailer. No problem, sometimes they sit and batteries go dead.

When I got it here, I replaced the batteries but when I tried starting it, it would not start indicating throttle control warning on the dash. The remote keyfob was unresponsive so i tried locking and unlocking the car which set the alarm off and now it won't go off.

I suspect the issue is either with the key fob or the alarm system but on calling the dealer, they said that they no longer provide keys for this car so i am SOL there.

Anyone understand how these alarm systems work or whether I can bypass them?

Thanks

I know that this is an MB forum but I feel that a technical question is better suited here than on the RR forum which I belong to so bear with me.

I picked up a 2003 Arnage T at auction in Californiway that was said to run and drive. Driver indicated that the car would not start when he picked it up and the auction forked into the trailer. No problem, sometimes they sit and batteries go dead.

When I got it here, I replaced the batteries but when I tried starting it, it would not start indicating throttle control warning on the dash. The remote keyfob was unresponsive so i tried locking and unlocking the car which set the alarm off and now it won't go off.

I suspect the issue is either with the key fob or the alarm system but on calling the dealer, they said that they no longer provide keys for this car so i am SOL there.

Anyone understand how these alarm systems work or whether I can bypass them?

Thanks
More chance on a Bentley or should I say BMW Forum as these have more in common with a 750il than anything hand built.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

More chance on a Bentley or should I say BMW Forum as these have more in common with a 750il than anything hand built.

This car was built when VW owned Bentley but I doubt that it has anything that resembles an Audi. It's still running the 6.75l v8 with the GM transmission.

Haven’t BMW owned Rolls Royce since the late 90’s. I think Bentley is owned by the VAG Group.

Car ‘said to run and drive’

Driver said car wouldn’t start.

Yet, you bought it ???

Haven’t BMW owned Rolls Royce since the late 90’s. I think Bentley is owned by the VAG Group.
Ahem......

In October 1997, Vickers announced that it had decided to sell Rolls-Royce Motors. BMW AG seemed to be a logical purchaser because BMW already supplied engines and other components for Bentley and Rolls-Royce branded cars and because of BMW and Vickers joint efforts in building aircraft engines.

Bentley - Wikipedia

This car was built when VW owned Bentley but I doubt that it has anything that resembles an Audi. It's still running the 6.75l v8 with the GM transmission.
Just, but still running BMW gear.....

Car ‘said to run and drive’

Driver said car wouldn’t start.

Yet, you bought it ???

Well I bought it before the driver showed up. It's an auction, you put hand up, you own it.

Ahem......

In October 1997, Vickers announced that it had decided to sell Rolls-Royce Motors. BMW AG seemed to be a logical purchaser because BMW already supplied engines and other components for Bentley and Rolls-Royce branded cars and because of BMW and Vickers joint efforts in building aircraft engines.

Bentley - Wikipedia

It says Bentley is owned by the Volkswagen Group.

Well I bought it before the driver showed up. It's an auction, you put hand up, you own it.
Fair enough. I thought it was noted as non starting before the auction

Normally you have a right to reject if before collection if it is not as described on the ticket even if it is an auction.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Normally you have a right to reject if before collection if it is not as described on the ticket even if it is an auction.

Nope. I worked in a car auction as a boy, your hands up, yeah you own it. Don't want to pay? Don't come back.

Nope. I worked in a car auction as a boy, your hands up, yeah you own it. Don't want to pay? Don't come back.

So ticket says 1 owner 19,000 miles and when you go to collect log book says 8 owners and odometer 118,000 and you can't reject?

Reactions: 219
Closing the loop on this. I finally put a call out to an RR and Bentley group on Facebook and someone responded from the UK who had one so we did a deal at about 1/4 cost of the new tool. I'm now waiting for the cables to arrive so that I can use it. All is well that ends well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom