Any Rugby Fans Out There

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbjeppm

MB Enthusiast
Car
C207 E Coupe 350cdi, W166 ML 250 Cdi Sport, R171 SLK 350, Suzuki V Strom DL650
Hi All

Anybody want to share their thoughts on how this weekends quarter final Rugby games will pan out.

My heart is telling me England might win, but my head says that Australia will win.

France might have a good day and surpise the All Blacks.

So sticking my neck out

Semi Final Prediction:

Australia v France
South Africa v Argentina

Last edited:
Aussie's have a quality pack and have used the prior games as a warm up.

The English are just starting to play properly now so it will be tight either way.

I'm gonna go for an England win. Just.

Surprised it's taken this long to be mentioned here :)

Seeing as Farrell isn't playing, England may be in with a slim chance....

Can't see France upsetting NZ - especially playing in Cardiff.

South Africa v Fiji is the game I'm looking forward to - but I don't think Fiji could handle an Wales-type game against the Boks.

For me:

Aus v NZ
SA v Arg

Seeing as both Aus and NZ have not had a trying game yet, will have to wait and see before making any further guesses......

I got 50 quid on England winning one - nil. :eek:

Eternally optimistic:

England V New Zealand
S Afrıca V Scotland

I thınk an All Black/Sprıngbok fınal :)

I am an All blacks supporter

I hope England beat Australia and meet the All Blacks in the semis.
Thats assuming the Ab beat the french this weekend and we all know what happened in 1999.

Well, yesterday I placed £700 at Ladbrokes @ 2/7 SA to reach the final.
I find the other results to hard to call or the odds not tempting enough... NZ 1/8 to beat France
for instance.I'll keep my powder dry on that one.

adam

Last edited:
Aussies will be too good for us. England have no cutting edge and the pack is way too slow. We're not playing well at all, haven't done for, well, since 2003!

Blacks have the advantage because their game isn't in France (why is that??). But could be a close one.

Certainly Argentina and SA to go through.

Aussies will be too good for us. England have no cutting edge and the pack is way too slow. We're not playing well at all, haven't done for, well, since 2003!

Blacks have the advantage because their game isn't in France (why is that??). But could be a close one.

Certainly Argentina and SA to go through.

errr are you actually english???

As an english-er you should have blind faith regardless of how good we in and beleive we are the best in the world.

Now that we have no empire thats all we have left to hang onto.

That and driving Mercs which we all know are really an english car, but we let the germans do the hard work for us...

How about Argentina for a surprise win against Scotland?
A Kiwi friend has given me a tee shirt which says 'I supprt two teams - the All Blacks and anybody playing Australia'.
I can't see England winning. Yes, they've improved but it's a load of tired old buffaloes with few ideas and no follow up. Oz meanwhile were a bit of a disaster until a year or so ago but they have been steadily getting better.
I'd love to see France beat New Zealand because they play (or at least have the potential to play) the type of rugby that, I believe, is best for the game. You can't fault the All Blacks and therein lies the problem. They have never won the title despite being clear favourite almost every time but they just bottle it around this stage.
Laporte sometimes has been able to get something special (and quite often not) out of his team. They are the underdogs and I'd love to see them do it.
After South Africa's scare against Samoa they must be well prepared for Fiji. Come on Fiji.
So, oh no, I think the Aussies could do it.
My ramble.

Yeah but everyone slagged off the world cup winning side as being 'dads army' didn't they...

Yeah but everyone slagged off the world cup winning side as being 'dads army' didn't they...

Don't worry, once I've had a few beers, I'll be crying into it for one reason or another.

Australia or New Zealand vs S. Africa for the final, so sadly England noi pointe but they have done better than I expected. :)

Regards
John

Well, yesterday I placed £700 at Ladbrokes @ 2/7 SA to reach the final.
I find the other results to hard to call or the odds not tempting enough... NZ 1/8 to beat France
for instance.I'll keep my powder dry on that one.

adam

You put £700 on to win £200...?? Not the kind of odds I like to bet at....:eek:

New Zealand v Argentina in the final

It could be anyone's game.

[Australia to beat England on Saturday]

You put £700 on to win £200...?? Not the kind of odds I like to bet at....:eek:

But you get your stake back. That is, you get it back less tax and then there is vat, increase in fuel tax, betting protection tax, unfair winning tax so, you end up with half a crown in used Zlotys.

Oh no, even our last gasp, the Cat, is out but all is not lost, Ashton is going to pull on the number 8 and Jose, 'The Special One' is taking over as manager. A bottle of the 2001 Gevrey- Chambertin for that man.
I can hear it, yes ' ... Swing low, sweet ... ' Oh goodness my eyes are filling up.
Oh no but it's Rolf Harris, leading the ockers in 'Tie my kangaroo down sport .. ' Come on England , 'Sweet chario- o- ot, coming for to carry me home'
Alright another pint of thin and greasy and I'll shut up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom