Any Sky or TV engineers in the house?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EDZ649

MB Enthusiast
Car
W210 E55 AMG
I have 46" Samsung LCD TV, only 6 months old. I also upgraded to Sky+ HD when I bought it.

Today while watching a film I noticed that where the pause/playback icon appears in the bottom left corner of the screen there seems to be some distortion in a box shaped area exactly where the icon is displayed.

When the picture is still it is fine but as soon as there is any significant movement on the screen this box appears. It's almost like it hasn't refreshed as quickly as the rest of the picture.

I don't think it's screen burn as such but it's very annoying. Could it be what they call image retention? If so how do you get rid of it?

Any one had a similar problem?

Cheers,

Leigh.

Well I just had a look through the tv menu and changed the display mode and then back again and it seems to have cleared the fault :)

Usually it's features like Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) that cause this. It is very rare to find any manufacturer's DNR algorithms that actually enhance the picture, most just end up "enhancing" on-screen displays by adding shadow, or making any video compression artefacts more visibile.

Suggest turning off any DNR and seeing if that stops it. :)

Andy.

Usually it's features like Digital Noise Reduction (DNR) that cause this. It is very rare to find any manufacturer's DNR algorithms that actually enhance the picture, most just end up "enhancing" on-screen displays by adding shadow, or making any video compression artefacts more visibile.

Suggest turning off any DNR and seeing if that stops it. :)

Andy.

Thanks for the reply Andy, the problem is now solved, see above.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom