Any smokers on here

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Right I won't go into too much detail and I didn't really want to start this thread but.....
Recently my wife was diagnosed with lung cancer, we are both smokers me being a heavy smoker. I am trying my hardest to stop.
I've tried patches which don't work
I've tried nicorette which just gives me bad heartburn.
E cig helps a little but I still find my self going back to the cigs.
The question is has anybody else given up and if so how.
I no its mainly will power but I am struggling at the min as I find my self smoking more due to what's going on at home.
Thanks guys
hi mate
I smoked from when I was 10 years old and I am 62 now
I had heart attack 6 years ago and I stopped but like you went back on them .
I have got off them again now and don't miss them I am a hgv driver and if I can do it so will you .first few month is hard but I bought a alien smoke e cig and got vape oil off eBay if you get the right strength of nicotine first then lower it gradually to lower dose it will work for you
regards

Hi
Yes I do think the government are trying to encourage some again coz of the tax there losing
If you get the right vape you will be fine tump talks through his backside
The vape produced in the uk is well regulated

How can PHE declare vaping to be 95% less harmful than tobacco if vaping is as bad as some are suggesting?

Where there has been problems, invariably it is after deviating from e-liquids into cannabis products.

I vape. I no longer smoke. Like any other vaper when asked, I too will tell of how much healthier I feel since shifting. If I want to quit nicotine I have the option of reducing nicotine content to zero - gradually, controllably, all the way to neither smoking or vaping. That aspect - even if there was some harm caused by vaping - would still be of enormous worth in terms of helping people quit smoking. If you want to use vaping as a tool to quit smoking - just do it. Many many have and will testify to the benefits.
I repeat: I vape. I no longer smoke. Read it and weep smokers. Vaping is far and away the easiest route to quitting tobacco. Let the naysayers put you off and you risk smoking for the rest of your shortened life.

How can PHE declare vaping to be 95% less harmful than tobacco if vaping is as bad as some are suggesting?

Where there has been problems, invariably it is after deviating from e-liquids into cannabis products.

I vape. I no longer smoke. Like any other vaper when asked, I too will tell of how much healthier I feel since shifting. If I want to quit nicotine I have the option of reducing nicotine content to zero - gradually, controllably, all the way to neither smoking or vaping. That aspect - even if there was some harm caused by vaping - would still be of enormous worth in terms of helping people quit smoking. If you want to use vaping as a tool to quit smoking - just do it. Many many have and will testify to the benefits.
I repeat: I vape. I no longer smoke. Read it and weep smokers. Vaping is far and away the easiest route to quitting tobacco. Let the naysayers put you off and you risk smoking for the rest of your shortened life.
Totally agree with you mate well said I have to have medical every three years for my hgv licence with cardiologist and he knows I vape and agrees there’s no problem
All these scare rumours that are coming out is because of the money the government are losing in tax off the fags

Totally agree with you mate well said I have to have medical every three years for my hgv licence with cardiologist and he knows I vape and agrees there’s no problem
All these scare rumours that are coming out is because of the money the government are losing in tax off the fags

Doubt its the goverment more like the big tobacco firms.
Goverment have actually pushed through some big reforms themselves that have dampened the sales of tobacco (generic grey boxes, products not to be displaced in sight of customers and warnings on the packaging).

The study ScotF posted is intresting in that for once its not been funded by anyone in the tobacco industry.

As others have mentioned replace anything with fresh air and your lungs will be effected be it vaping, smoking, exhaust fumes etc etc. You dont need to rely on studies to work that out!

Why shouldn’t they
I have regular checks and I have a clean licence which I have had for 26 years mate and accident free I think most car drivers are more dangerous on our roads

Isn't it nice when people are kind and supportive? Especially having been in those shoes before :rolleyes:
I’ve got nothing to be kind and supportive about. They are the ones who don’t want to give up and prefer to ruin their bodies by puffing away and getting wet and cold at the same time.

If smokers want to honestly give up I will give them all the help they want as I have done for DetailedDan. I have also given short talks at work on my experiences of giving up.

Why shouldn’t they
I have regular checks and I have a clean licence which I have had for 26 years mate and accident free I think most car drivers are more dangerous on our roads
But you did have a heart attack 6 years ago. Was this caused by smoking.

Read it and weep smokers. Vaping is far and away the easiest route to quitting tobacco. Let the naysayers put you off and you risk smoking for the rest of your shortened life.

But it isn't that simple.

For many, vaping isn't like nicotine chewing gum or patches that are used to help someone to quit and are then no longer needed. A great many people are using vaping as an indefinite substitute for smoking and are doing it far more frequently than they smoked because it's a "healthy alternative" so is therefore apparently fine.

That would be bad enough, but on top of that there are an alarming number of children who have never smoked yet have taken up vaping because Fresh Spearmint, Mountain Blueberry and all those other flavours are appealing to them.

Bellow said:
Read it and weep smokers. Vaping is far and away the easiest route to quitting tobacco. Let the naysayers put you off and you risk smoking for the rest of your shortened life.

What complete and utter tosh.

A "Lancet study" means a study published in the the Lancet not as perhaps implied by the headline by the Lancet. On reading the link I was struck by the last paragraph.
While the majority of patients classed as suffering vaping-associated lung injury had been vaping THC - (tetraghydrocannabinol) which is a banned psychoactive component of marijuana plant, some reported only nicotine use, the study found.
A compromise would perhaps be to see vaping as a viable aid to stop smoking rather than a long term substitute?

Last edited:
A "Lancet study" means a study published in the the Lancet not as perhaps implied by the headline by the Lancet. On reading the link I was struck by the last paragraph.
While the majority of patients classed as suffering vaping-associated lung injury had been vaping THC - (tetraghydrocannabinol) which is a banned psychoactive component of marijuana plant, some reported only nicotine use, the study found.
A compromise would perhaps be to see vaping as a viable aid to stop smoking rather than a long term substitute?
Well corrected funny how medical journals take the credit for others hardwork.
Didnt know you could get THC vape liquid, have seen the CBD stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom